Nothing else matters

I have been having a really bad time recently . Lots of problems going on and struggling to cope .
now I have been hit by such a horrific trigger ( I have hyper responsibility) well I’m hoping it’s a trigger because it feels real . It follows my usual theme so I’m trying to accept it’s ocd . the thing is all my many problems now seem insignificant in comparison .  Is this something that can happen ? It’s like my brain has kind of shut it all out , but in a bad way though because this worry is so bad 

1 hour ago, ecomum said:

the thing is all my many problems now seem insignificant in comparison

There are two possible reasons why this might happen.

1. It's triggered your OCD, you've lost perspective and you're so busy obsessing over this that there isn't time to think about all the real but small problems of day to day life.

2. You've been spending a lot of time worrying about stuff that wasn't worth worrying about and finally something real  has happened that you have to divert your energy to and sort, instead of obsessing about the small stuff.

Which one does it feel most like? :unsure:

26 minutes ago, snowbear said:

There are two possible reasons why this might happen.

1. It's triggered your OCD, you've lost perspective and you're so busy obsessing over this that there isn't time to think about all the real but small problems of day to day life.

2. You've been spending a lot of time worrying about stuff that wasn't worth worrying about and finally something real  has happened that you have to divert your energy to and sort, instead of obsessing about the small stuff.

Which one does it feel most like? :unsure:

I don’t want to hyjack so please tell me if not allowed. But I’m literally experience number 2 right not and I KNOW it’s not OCD because I’m dealing with a real thing that happened. So maybe that’s how you know the difference, if you’re asking the question it’s probably number 1 right? 

I think number 1 . The problems are all real , but that’s the nature of my ocd . It’s all real but where everyone else is calm or indifferent my mind goes to the worst outcome and I break down in fear, fear of it been my fault .  I know I have to learn to respond differently but I just don’t know how .

thank you snow bear

you haven’t hijacked pepper , it’s good if a post can help others too .

10 hours ago, ecomum said:

my mind goes to the worst outcome and I break down in fear, fear of it been my fault .  I know I have to learn to respond differently but I just don’t know how

If I remember right, you've had therapy? Did you cover catastrophic thinking and look at alternative thinking styles?