Why can I not get access to ocd treatment

I requested with my gp ocd treatment he referred me to an access team who have then referred me back to the on site mental health nurse. I missed the appointment and now have to wait 3 weeks to see the nurse what is going on in this healthcare system ? 

But you say there you missed the appointment, I appreciate there may be valid reason for that, but waiting three weeks is a consequence of that I guess?

Generally, I think it depends where in the country you are, there is very much a postcode lottery.   In some parts of the country people can self-refer (to avoid dealing with GP), but even then there are waiting times of many months involved.

Unfortunately I think this is the situation across the board, I couldn't get a GP appointment for a non mental health issue and had to wait a week to see the nursing practitioner. She then decided I needed to see a GP, earliest appointment was three weeks later. He decided I needed a blood test, the earliest appointment for that was another three weeks! Thankfully it appears not to be anything serious.

Same thing for a consultant’s appointment for a foot problem. If you miss an appointment you are referred back to the GP. Also I find it difficult to see a GP as Bev says.  The health system is in crisis. I know it’s no help individually saying this but it is a collective experience experienced by millions.