Something that has helped me

Guest markysharky

Guest markysharky

Hi just wanted to share this, as it is something that has legitimately helped me.

Most of my intrusive thoughts - of which there are many - come about at bed time. Bed time had become a nervous time for my partner and I as I often start spiking, and the nocturnal hours are spent awake rather than asleep. In pain rather than in "pleasure."

I would have to go downstairs and keep myself awake till exhaustion and I could do nothing but crash. 4 or 5 in the morn regularly. Images upsetting me. Conversations we had during the day suddenly taking on different meanings. Her apparent lack of support for me. So on and so on.

I am not one for medication and struggle to take a neurofen if I have a headache. I am the type of person who looks to "why." Like maybe my neck is out, I have not had enough water, too little sleep. I rarely see a doctor. My life and lifestyle was changed by a chiropractor some years ago.

One or two of my chiros practice "NET." Neuro Emotional Technique. Finding the emotional "charges" that our body holds. Not just our head. If there is something we didn't deal with, then it is possible we "stored" it in our body elsewhere.

Since I had a very lengthy NET adjustment over a week ago, my sleep has improved dramatically. Instantly, that night, I finally slept like a "normal" person. I was so relieved. It was wonderful. And bar one episode (which I discussed in another post) I have slept like a log every night.

I want people to know, I don't consider this a "cure-all" for OCD. So please, continue working the way that is working for you. This is just something I have found has given me relief. Genuine, not perceived. Some very interesting things in my past came out in the adjustment. They were "cleared" from being stored in my body. Now I sleep LOADS better. Plain and simple.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Markysharky :a1_cheesygrin:

Hi Markysharky,

Many thanks for your post - it is always nice to hear about complimentary treatments that may help with the battle against OCD.

As you have pointed out - it's not a 'cure all' treatment - but one that helped you.

Kylie

xxx

Guest Lilliputtian

I think if people can find something that relaxes them and stops them from worrying then that's half the battle when it comes to OCD.

Guest David123

Thanks for the post markysharky.

Great to hear of something that has helped you. Like you, a lot of my intrusive thoughts can appear at night when there is that pause that your OCD mind relaxes and goes over negative things that have happened during the day and beyond.

Will definetly have a look into this. There's some great tips on this forum!