My OCD is coming back

Hi All

first of all I would like to say that I really appreciate this forum and it really helps me to know that I am not alone.

Recently my OCD has been coming back and i really do not want to go back to the doctor for medication but I know it may be something that I need to do.

I would like to ask the opinion of the people reading this if they think that this is OCD or mearly a worry. And also if people think that in terms of reality if there is anything to worry about. It is weird when I look back on my past obsessions they seemed to real at the time but now they seem stupid to me and have no basis in reality. So I would like you to be honest with me and tell me if there is anything to worry about in the real world and not in the OCD world. I hope this makes sense.

Recently my obsessions have turned to contamination in terms of cleaning the kitchen and actidently giving someone food poisoning. I have noticed that other obesseions are really not so bad but this one has taken over and i suppose it is related to the getting arrested thoughts as in what if i accidently give someone food poisoning and get arrested.

So here goes with my lastest one tell me what you think does this worry have any basis in realty. Hopefully by saying what you think then I will be able to see through the haze of OCD and to the truth and learn to think in a more logical way.

I was approached by a local paper and asked to come up with an unusual flavour of ice cream that I would like to try, in the past on holiday I came across an unusual flavour that I mentioned. They took my photo and my name and will put it in the paper in a couple of days. I am now worried what if someone tries this and gets food posioning and i get arrested. I should add that they type of icecream is a perfectly normal type of food but not something you would usually get as ice cream. So that is it be brutal and tell me what you think am I being silly and getting this out of proportion.

Blessings

Guest legend

nasty thing this ocd when it creeps back in grrr. What advice would you offer to someone who posted this punkd. ?

And of course dont hesitate to go back to your dr for more meds, especially if you found them beneficial in the past.

What tools have you learnt in the past to help you combat the ocd? perhaps you could try implementing them again on this thought/fears

legend

Hi Legend

thank you for replying.

Very good answer. If I saw someone who posted this I would think waht a lot of rubbish stop thinking about it. It has no basis in reality and I would tell them to use the 4 step method if it is still there.

So your reply is just I need a way of not giving into my OCD. I give in too easily and I need to be stronger.

Thank you for the wisdom I need someone like you as a life coach lol

Blessings

Guest legend

Hi Legend

thank you for replying.

Very good answer. If I saw someone who posted this I would think waht a lot of rubbish stop thinking about it. It has no basis in reality and I would tell them to use the 4 step method if it is still there.

So your reply is just I need a way of not giving into my OCD. I give in too easily and I need to be stronger.

Thank you for the wisdom I need someone like you as a life coach lol

Blessings

Cheers .. ... .. or as aunty caramoole says ... " when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change !!"

A good mantra to have on board

legend