40 lb Weighted 84 Mile Ultramarathon Fundraiser & Documentary For OCD UK! We Need Your Help! :)

Hey :)

My name is Sam and I am taking on the challenge of running a weighted ultramarathon with 40 lb’s on my back along the 84 mile Norfolk Coast Path to raise money for OCD UK.

I have fought all consuming battles with all different types of dark and debilitating OCD intrusive thought types for years, most recently and currently with Relationship OCD which I’m scared if I don’t get a grip on is going to seriously damage my relationship with the love of my life.

Thankfully last year I was fortunate enough to get a great therapist on the NHS called Peter who was really passionate about his job. He gave me a strong arsenal of tools I can use which transformed the way I deal with my OCD and revolutionised my life overnight.

Therefore I am now making a film alongside this run to raise OCD awareness and share these therapeutic tools and techniques I have been given with people who are reluctant to go see or less fortunate in getting a good therapist.

Reading through a lot of these posts has, first of all, made me really sad to hear how so many of you, like myself, are having to fight against the darkest types of intrusive thoughts that suck the enjoyment out of the best things in life simply because they are the things you care about. 

It’s also quite refreshing to see how much support and helpful advice there is in the responses to each post and that there is not a single post without a response. I’m also realising things about myself which I didn't even realise were OCD thanks to this. 

It’s certainly encouraged me massively to work even harder on this project and challenge of mine, so that we can spread the word far, wide and over the horizon to help people understand just how distressing, disorientating and debilitating OCD can be. And to ensure even more help becomes available for those of us Homo Sapiens being challenged with it!

If you want help our cause please donate to my fundraiser: https://www.justgiving.com/page/samgooldingncpultramarathonproject