hello everyone!

yeah it has been a long time since i visited this forum and i'm not sure if anyone remember me lol. i've been busy with my school life, and you know, handling the ocd (oops!). :yucky:

so, how to start... uhmm.. :whistling: i just wanna ask, does anyone know that ocd can cause something we dont want to happen appear in our dream? i mean, sometime in a month, i rarely have any intrusion, but strangely i have some weird dreams.

and no i dont take any medications for now so i dont think my dream is because of medication.

there's a dream about several month ago, of course i've already forgotten about it and because of some trigger, suddenly i remember that dream again, which has cause me anxiety.

what i mean is, is it normal for not having intrusions but having weird dream instead.

am i seem like asking for reassurance lol :lol:

Edited by hana

Hi hana. We have had quite a few people talk about getting intrusive thoughts in their dreams. Who knows why it happens but the advice is always the same -- treat them like you would an intrusive thought while you are awake. Leave it alone, don't dwell on it, don't perform any compulsions associated with it.

Welcome back!

Guest nervous

Hi Hana, congratulations on your progress handling OCD. I believe that at night we are a little more open to the workings of our mind so while during the day you may be able to stay on top of it, at night your mind is free to roam. Like PB says though it's just another thought and doesn't really mean anything.