I need to stop obsessing

Guest Insomniacs_Dream16

Guest Insomniacs_Dream16

If anyone from the said site is reading this thread this is meant in not disrespect to said site.

Okay, a few months ago I was demoded from a site. I should be completely over it by now. It should no longer bother me. I am completely aware of that. But it still does. It bothers me a lot. I’m obsessed with it. I want to know the reasons for which I was let go. And I’ll see on the site and say “this person should be banned” or something. Or I’ll analyze everything I did and said and wonder if it was a part of the reasoning for me demotion. Or sit and think about how it would have been different if I was still working there. I need to get over this. And I don’t know how. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with OCD. It’s probably just me being dumb and trying to blame something that really has nothing to do with anything,

Hi insomniacs dream,

I read this post this morning and have been trying to think of what to reply. I guess that you have to think about what you want in the future. I'm assuming that you haven't been banned from the site or anything? because then presumably you can still post, you don't have to be a mod to do that. If you were taken off as a mod and not given a reason for it then I think you have a right to ask for a reason to be given out of common courtesy but not in an accusatory way, just for your info. Other than that, then if you want to I suggest you continue posting on there as usual and just see how things go.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Guest StephenS

Hi

I wouldn't worry about being demoded. For goodness' sake, you're young and I was demoded years ago. I'm not a la mode at all. Tho I suppose you mean from a website, as a moderator, for some kind of misdemeanor.

I looked at your posts, and on the whole you've been advising rather than asking for advice. And giving good advice, including:

Ironically worrying about not having OCD is a sign of having OCD.

Now you're asking for our advice, and saying

I’m not sure if this has anything to do with OCD.

As Dr Jeffrey Schwartz says, "If it feels like OCD, it is OCD."

So if I were you I would recognize it as an OCD thought and move on. You are not demoded here and can if nothing else carry on working on my insomnia!

Stephen

Guest heavenbound alien

you can ask the reason they demoted you.Also think about why it matters so much to you.If you think that these things happen sometimes even when you do your best and you just need to move on.ocd is most likely playing its part in this too.

all the best

If anyone from the said site is reading this thread this is meant in not disrespect to said site.

Okay, a few months ago I was demoded from a site. I should be completely over it by now. It should no longer bother me. I am completely aware of that. But it still does. It bothers me a lot. I’m obsessed with it. I want to know the reasons for which I was let go. And I’ll see on the site and say “this person should be banned” or something. Or I’ll analyze everything I did and said and wonder if it was a part of the reasoning for me demotion. Or sit and think about how it would have been different if I was still working there. I need to get over this. And I don’t know how. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with OCD. It’s probably just me being dumb and trying to blame something that really has nothing to do with anything,

48270[/snapback]

Guest Dragonfruit
This is going to sound stupid but what does demoted mean??

48499[/snapback]

Hi Nat - it's the opposite of promoted. Does that help at all?

Hi Insomniacs_Dream16 - like the other's have already said, you're entitled to a reason - I would def ask for it.

If you feel comfortable to do so - continue posting on the other site as a non-mod and continue to help others with the good advice you've been giving here.