I've had headache and a stiff neck for a few days now, its probably a migraine but maybe tension too.... Thing is everytime I get a headache I feel wobbly, dizzy and tired. Which is probably normal with a headache, but I start worrying thinking the worst case scenario, like is it a blood clot on my brain? Is it a tumour? Is it a stroke etc etc....this then causes more tension more anxiety and my headache becomes worse! Also taking different tablets causes anxiety too. I usually just take paracetamol but these haven't budged it, so I've just taken paracetamol and caffeine, which isn't too drastic, but I keep thinking I'm allergic and that I cant breathe, and feeling dizzy etc which isn't helping my headache either. I know I need to chill more, but any advice on kicking health anxiety where it hurts?

Hi, the best thing to do is just leave those ideas alone.

I understand health anxiety is very hard to overcome. You constantly check for symptoms and check your body for signs of illness. For me it was health anxiety towards my children.

Essentially you have to treat it like other OCD or anxiety related problems. Leave it and move on. Take a few deep breaths if you need to. Remember it is most likely your brain playing tricks and get on with your day.

Xx