Why is it STILL there?

My groinal responses? Am starting to think my arousals am getting thats Supposed! To be ocd anxiety arousals. Are actually real arousals, been trying for months to ignore it but the thoughts then feelings afterwards are still there why? 

Back at the very start again :(

Its automatic though just like the thoughts, how are you suppose to stop? You have a thought>feeling>ruminating it all comes automatic,

i question myself today because its like i said in the hocd thread, theres gay people that havent come out yet hating there thoughts and fantasises and deny there gay because they havent accepted it. so would that or does that happen to someone with pocd?

It does seem automatic but ruminating is a compulsion and therefore controllable. You just have to learn how and work at it.

How do you know there are gay people who hate their thoughts and deny they're gay because they haven't accepted It?

Edited by PolarBear

Right you have a thought then a response which caused by anxiety right, afterwards wgat do you suggest? Because after the response, your mind goes all blank and u start to get really anxious.

what ive learned is ruminating is just like a obsession, doesnt matter what you r doing  its going to keep creeping up, you are basically saying you learn yourself not to have thoughts in the first place.

Ruminating and thoughts are the same.

Also, you hear about gay stories all the time, the term (coming out) phrase, you totally hate that you could be gay and the feelings along with it, dont say you have never heard of it, 

so whats the difference with pocd? Is it the same? :(

9 hours ago, GG150 said:

Right you have a thought then a response which caused by anxiety right, afterwards wgat do you suggest? Because after the response, your mind goes all blank and u start to get really anxious.

what ive learned is ruminating is just like a obsession, doesnt matter what you r doing  its going to keep creeping up, you are basically saying you learn yourself not to have thoughts in the first place.

Ruminating and thoughts are the same.

No, they are not. Intrusive thoughts are by their very nature unwanted. They pop inyo your head. You cannot directly control them. However you can make them calm down by ceasing giving them meaning and not reacting with compulsions.

Ruminating is a compulsion, no different than repeatedly washing your hands. It seems automatic but it is controllable. You can learn to catch yourself doing it and stop it. 

9 hours ago, GG150 said:

Also, you hear about gay stories all the time, the term (coming out) phrase, you totally hate that you could be gay and the feelings along with it, dont say you have never heard of it, 

so whats the difference with pocd? Is it the same? :(

I dont get what you are referring to when you say, "Is it the same?"

OCD is OCD. Sexual orientation obsessions are just like pedophile obsessions in that they are intrusive, cause distress and lead to compulsions.