Can OCD latch on to something you would have never questioned and make you doubt? a few months ago I saw a video of of a baby with the heart visible outside the body and I all of a sudden got hit with this uncontrollable anxiety since then questioning why do I have a heart and even feeling like I can’t accept I have a heart that constantly beats inside me even tho know the answer to why I have one? and the doubt comes in when I start to think. Back and ask my self did I not know my heart was beating? Why have I all of a sudden become hyper aware and conscious of it baring in mind I’ve always had a fear of heart attacks prior to this triggered experience can anyone give an opinion thank you it would be much appreciated.

Hi I'm not sure if this is the right answer but from what you wrote I assume that it is quite a normal anxiety response. With OCD you would be hyper-aware of everything and the anxiety can cause you to latch onto random things and overthink them. It is also true of normal behaviour - human nature is to be curious. Try to remember its just curiosity and thoughts - every single person has a heart and doesn't think about it working daily. It is what it is, strange how our bodies work but all normal. Remember as well that anxiety will make your heart race (which is normal) so try not to attach that to worries of heart attacks.