I still don't understand this

Posted (edited)

I still don't understand how it is possible that I don't feel anxiety when I have OCD (before I had it but little by little it was decreasing, now I feel very little). I receive CBT without ERP. But if I received ERP, how would I calculate my discomfort?

Also something that has been bothering me for a long time is that sometimes I have involuntary movements in my legs or back, somehow my mind relates it to my thoughts. I don't know if it's another symptom like the groin response. Sorry if this post doesn't make sense.

There have been times that I wanted to share other things on the forum but didn't because I didn't want to write it because I didn't want to somehow "relive" what happened.

And I didn't ruminate, maybe I did it back then when I didn't know what OCD was all about. I am concerned about this because if I don't ruminate that means I don't have OCD.

Edited by anthu
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, anthu said:

sometimes I have involuntary movements in my legs or back

I remember having this many years ago whilst on one of the older type of antidepressents.  I would not relate it to OCD but just a side effect of the particular medication.  It has never happened with my more recent medication.  I dont know if you take any medication but I am just sharing my observations with you.

Edited by northpaul
spelling
5 hours ago, northpaul said:

I remember having this many years ago whilst on one of the older type of antidepressents.  I would not relate it to OCD but just a side effect of the particular medication.  It has never happened with my more recent medication.  I dont know if you take any medication but I am just sharing my observations with you.

I take sertraline and clomipramine so maybe that's it. Thanks for your help.