What is it like to be free from OCD?

CBT has been so difficult and hasn't seemed to do anything but make me even more anxious.  I keep getting psyched out.

I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but I honestly don't know what it's like to not live with OCD.

What is it like? What happens when you have intrusive thoughts? Or do you not have any? Can you turn your brain off whenever you want? Could you just sit down and focus on your breath for 15 minutes without being disturbed or losing focus?  

And what if you do mess up and act on a compulsion? Are you able to break the cycle before it goes any farther? And what if you are genuinely uncertain of something? Do you just guess? 

I clearly have a lot of questions, but any insight you have would be appreciated.

I consider myself an ex-sufferer. Yes, i still get the odd intrusive thought, just like the rest of the population. Nothing happens. I instantly recognize that the thought is junk, i dismiss it and don't react. That happens in a blink of an eye.

Can i turn my brain off? Probably not. But i don't ruminate over things and i can focus on one thing fir long periods of time; something i couldn't do while under OCD's spell.

I could easily focus on just my breath for 15 minutes. Or 30.

I don't do compulsions. Period. 

If i was genuinely uncertain about something I'd leave it alone. I'd be okay with not knowing.