Brain chemicals!!!!!

Guest Tulsas

Ok...This has happened to me quite a lot over the last year and that is that I have a complete feeling of CALM....No compulsions..No horrible thoughts ruminating themselves..Just a feeling of calm.This feeling is what I remember having before my ocd kicked in big time..I can watch tv without having the horrible thoughts that ruin movies for me and get on with my day..My point is ,is that no amount of medication or counseling can make me feel like this.So what is it that brings about this feeling...Don't get me wrong.This week has been one of my worst weeks ever for me,yet tonight (after having a nap) I feel as if I have been cleansed while asleep...When I woke up there was nothing..Absolutley nothing..No anxiety,compulsion or thoughts...What I would give to feel like this forever...Yet I know tomorrow I will wake up back to square one...I know I sound like a defeatest but to me my thoughts and compulsions are really beyond my control and are just there when I wake up and follow me around like my shadow.......But what causes this feeling of tranquility that has happened to me on quite a few occasions...I am not on any medication..can't find any that works!!!!

Yet I know tomorrow I will wake up back to square one...I know I sound like a defeatest but to me my thoughts and compulsions are really beyond my control and are just there when I wake up and follow me around like my shadow.......But what causes this feeling of tranquility that has happened to me on quite a few occasions

No, you don't actually know, you think you will and it may be quite likely but we never know.

My own feelings are that we don't cure OCD...and I must stress this is my personal opinion only. If I am to believe Dr Jeffery Schwarz my brain physiology works in a particular way...and that is that my brain reacts to danger (false danger) in a particular way.....but I can choose to respond or not. If we respond, OCD has a field day and I'm in trouble....if I let it sit there and deny it, don't add second fear it will fade.

Your thoughts and compusions may seem to be beyond your control but they're not.

OCD is a fierce opponent but it is also weak and very fickle, ignore it and it will fade, hence you can feel calm and OCD-less, why? Probably because we aren't paying it the attention it craves.

I doubt I will ever live without OCD completely, it's a flipping nuisance sometimes....it might annoy me, sometimes it will beat me (for a while)......but it will not dominate my life.....I am stronger than it and I can put it back into remission. Take hope from those moments of peace, they can be built on, honestly :huh:

Guest Parallel

I feel exactly like you Tulsas, there are times when I feel "normal" aka pre OCD days and times where I feel like I'm losing control. I'm thinking with the proper techniques to effectively manage our OCD and with the passing of time...our brain will eventually habituate out of it. OCD may never be totally cured, but NOTHING lasts forever.