What Do You Think?

Guest ASLEEP_OR_DEAD

Guest ASLEEP_OR_DEAD

No I appreciate their opinions, but it's just a form of control and I don't want to be controlled.

Loads of people don't take meds for it. I want to be like them and the doctor knows it's true what I'm saying.

Would you put your leg in a cast if it wasn't broke ? No. That's how I see the meds, yeah they help with anxiety or maybe it's a placebo effect, they don't stop what I think though.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to disagree slightly a or d if you have psychosis or schizophrenia it's proven that with meds it helps the person very much

The flip side is that people deny they need them and once they stop the meds the symptoms return

Legend

Guest ASLEEP_OR_DEAD

I'm gang stalked, it mimics symptoms of that.

That's why my nurse doesnt understand, I dont blame her for that.

Sure the meds help people with, well some.

Guest Annabel

Hi AorD,

Schizophrenia is like a horrible nightmare. When my brother had a brain injury he thought that there was a conspiracy to keep him in the hospital, he would lie there and hatch plans to escape (though he couldn't move due to his injuries!) and thought that everyone was in on it too. When my mum visited he thought she was being manipulated by the 'captors' as well- schizophrenia is like that! If you don't take your meds it might cause long term damage to your brain

xxx

Edited by Annabel
Guest ASLEEP_OR_DEAD

I didn't know it could do that.

I think I'll be ok without them this time though - I feel kind of ok, just a bit anxious I know it's only been a couple of days though.

Just been taking meds for ages - I'm sick of taking it.

Guest Annabel

Oh okay, why?

Also, as with OCD meds, I think they're there to make you more able to deal with life and not have to live in fear. If they don't cause any side effects I'd stick to them xx

Edited by Annabel
Guest Annabel

Hi Lovely,

When my brother had a brain injury and thought there was a conspiracy I'm sure if someone had tried to give him drugs he'd have thought it was all part of the conspiracy to control him and keep him in hospital for longer too.

He is now better but remembers how hellish it felt to believe with conviction that he was being controlled, trapped and conspired against.

The thing is the meds are well-known, they work on the dopaminergic centres in the brain, they are not used in mind control. They would not prevent people from working out about conspiracies, they just stop schizophrenic thoughts, and some schizophrenic thoughts are about conspiracies.

I hope you're okay x x x

Guest ASLEEP_OR_DEAD

I dont know what to do, because I don't know who to trust. It all feels like control though, they don't know it's not real, so why should I take meds, just because they don't believe me. I know how it really is.

I only managed to cancel with the nurses. My psychologist still wants to see me. Just trying to save them

Guest FlyingEagle

Can you ask your doctor about the medication solian? I think it could help you. Though i'm sure they know already what they are doing. Wishing you all the best. x

Edited by FlyingEagle
Guest ASLEEP_OR_DEAD

Thanks,

I prefer abilify when I take it, I just know what to expect from it.

Just really want to talk to my psychologist, feeling really anxious and scared

Guest FlyingEagle

Ahhhh i hope you feel better soon. I'm the same in that i know what to expect from Solian. Abilify made me feel like a shop-lifter in the supermarket even though i was only buying my groceries! So i went back to Solian. Everyone's different. Good luck x

Guest ASLEEP_OR_DEAD

I'm really freaking out about seeing my psychologist, well getting to see her. I went out yesterday and there were so many sleeper cells and the police were following me.

I can't bring my knife with me, because she won't see me.

Guest Steve1983

I am sorry to read that you are struggling so much at the moment.

The psychologist is there to help you. Your paranoia is part of the schizophrenia. I have a coulple of friends with it, and they get paranoid. One of my friends thought I was a drug dealer, and that I was putting drugs in his drink. I honestly wasn't. The medication the doctor has given him have helped him live a calmer life. Sometimes he gets emotional, but he isn't paranoid anymore.

Steve X

Guest ASLEEP_OR_DEAD

Thanks,

I'm just really worried I'm going to get sent to the hospital, they think I'm a risk to myself and other people.

I don't really want to go see my psychologist tomorrow, but she is really nice, I know the nurse is going to call her as well though.

Guest ASLEEP_OR_DEAD

I don't think I'm getting sent to the hospital - well my psychologist never said anything anyway.

She got me to agree to see the nurse I don't trust next week though, it helped talking to my psychologist though.

Still feel really anxious though.

I think you should take your medication if you fear going to the hospital.Its less control than if you are in the hospital.

My mother is in the hospital now for her arm surgery-she also was diagnosed with schizophrenia. She was difficult to get to go to the hospital for surgery and didnt want to stay overnight. She associates the hospital with her past experiences in them and the control they have. Hopefully she comes home today -if not I imagine she will get really upset and feel they are trapping her there.