seroquel/ quetiapine

Guest penny0305

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest penny0305

I can't go on chat as I'm not a full.member.I have to.go to.work today and.I feel so ill I don't.know how I'm going to manage.I'm panicking so much because my dentist made me a splint.I could wear.during the day to stop me grinding.it did work whilst I wore it but now.with checking them I've.found.I can.still.grind my front teeth with it in so now I've no respite. I know logically it must have always been like that. It wouldn't have changed in a day but now I've noticed it I can't stop.it feels completely hopeless now. I have.nothing to.stop me.doing it and it's driving me insane and.becoming so painful.life is just hell on earth and I can't see any way out.I've been relying on my.splint and now even that doesn't stop me.it's hopeless.I'll have no Teeth left.soon. I seem to have no control over the compulsions.as soon as the thought comes in my head I have to do it.I've come to the end with it

I know how you mean that when the thought comes into your head you have to do it but do you have to do it instantly?Could you delay even just a little and then build on that?I've been so worried about you today.I know how horrible it is for you but you have done so well to come this far.Could the splint be redesigned to make it better?The fact that it worked a bit for a while is very encouraging.Thinking of you and so hope this gets better soon.Hang on in there and keep us updated.xxx

Guest penny0305

I don't think the splint can be changed.it worked when I was just grinding my eye teeth but it seems to morphing all the time now and I'm fixating on my front Teeth and grinding them.I know logically I'm finding things that have always been there.my Teeth wouldn't just change overnight, but once I've noticed something it takes on a life of it's own. I just feel.so depressed. I am really trying to do what the cbt therapist says but I can't control it. Think she's getting sick of me not improving but I can't lie to make her feel better. I'm just at the end with it

Guest penny0305

I keep trying to think it's only teeth it doesn't really matter but it's so hard to explain why I do it. It has to feel right and if it doesn't I check it over and over again, even though logically I know it won't feel any different and it's damaging.the therapist keeps asking what is the worst that can happen and all I can say is that I'll never be able to stop.because it's driving me mad. I'm frightened of my inability to.control it. It's like self harm. I just wish I could explain it

Guest Confucius

Could you perhaps see your psychiatrist to up the dose of Serequel at least until your mental state has improved and then tail down the dosage . It seems that your mental state is more serious than your prolactin level at present. My daughter was having a hard time initially was started on 200 mg Seroquel and has done well. The dose has been tailed down to 50-100 mg, if possible will try to stop it completely. She is also on Lexapro 20mg.

Guest penny0305

Hi.thanks for replying. Did the seroquel help at a higher dose for your daughter. My care coordinator said 50mg was a very, low dose but said until I have my prolactin checked again in three weeks the psychiatrist won't up it. To be honest I couldn't care less what the levels are, I just want to feel better in my head. It feels like since I stopped the risperidone my ocd has just gone off the scale so it was obviously helping. I know that you have to be at a higher dose of seroquel to equal risperidone. I'm seeing my care coordinator on Thursday so I'm just, going to have to stress how bad it is

Guest Confucius

I would rather have OCD symptoms controlled than worry about high prolactin levels at present. Then tail down the dosage when this has been achieved. My daughter's psychiatrist did not even measure her prolactin levels. My understanding of high prolactin levels (hyperprolactinemia) is that it messes with your menses, causes lactation and infertility but the effects are reversible once you stop Seroquel. 200 mg dose seemed to do her fine and control her symptoms much faster than with Lexapro alone. I was told Seroquel was used as an augmentation to SSRI.

Guest penny0305

I feel trapped by it.they are refusing to do anything med wise until I have further blood tests. Have spent all day with compulsions. They are just multiplying and getting stronger.you wouldn't believe how many ways there are to grind your teeth. Its getting ridiculous and I am in so much pain. I don't think they take me seriously how bad it is. It just seems to be a case of 'stop doing it'. If only it.were that simple. I really feel desperate

The way the medics think is to only do no harm to your health and they will be having to protect their reputation I suppose.It's so hard for you having to change meds when you had just got started with something that worked.I haven't had any blood tests in relation to any meds I've had but maybe it's more of a problem to women.The fact that the meds did work though is very significant and means you will get over this if you can just hang on in there for a bit longer until you can get the meds increased.

Penny I&we know you can't just stop doing it otherwise you would hun.I'm really sorry they aren't taking you very seriously maybe a higher dose of Seroquel can help personally I'm on 200mg at night&50mg in the morning and that helps prettyt great.I also have regular Blood Tets because apparently the sugar levels&cholesterol can be affected by the Seroquel :original: .50 mg well does seem quite a very low dose&we all work differently obviously with such doses although an increase can certainly help with your levels of anxiety no doubt Penn.

Hmm Penny are you able to see another Dr? I'm not advising anything of course as your current Dr is the best to speak to but just thinking if maybe seeing someone else asap they can have a different method of attack perhaps that's all? :original: .

Guest penny0305

No,.not.able to see another psychiatrist.its taken me three years on nhs to get to see this one. Saw my therapist yesterday and told her I feel I have completely lost control of the compulsions to do with my Teeth.she kept saying I do have Control because I've managed to stop checking doors and windows. I really can't get it across how bad this is and that I genuinely can't seem to apply cbt when it comes to my teeth.it feels so hopeless I'm scared

Guest penny0305

I am so scared. I have veneers on my front teeth and one has come off. Its probably from me grinding them.I've made such a Prat of myself.rang dentist in tears literally begging for an appointment today but they couldn't.I have an appointment tomorrow morning but I'm terrified.my ocd centres on my teeth and any change sends it into overdrive. I'm scared the dentist will just strike me off the books I made such a Prat of myself on the phone. This is the last thing I need. I'm scared they'll make it worse and I feel so fragile at the minute I don't know how much more I can take

How did the appointment go Penny?I'm sure the receptionist will understand how you feel if she has any knowledge of your problems.You know you say the cbt doesn't work?Are you trying to do too much with it at once?Have you a hierarchy list.This could be of the time resisting checking.Could you manage 5 mins without checking to start with on the first part of the list and then increase that to say 6 mins the next time?

Guest penny0305

Hi.they had to send the veneer to the lab to be etched so I have an exposed tooth until Monday when they'll put it back on. So of course I'm obsessing it won't be right when they do it.dentist was actually really nice. I explained how badly I'm grinding my teeth and the ocd but I don't think she really understood the compulsions , she just told me to relax and destress. It's weird, sometimes I can go for nearly an hour without doing it, then get the intrusive thoughts and start grinding like crazy. That's a good idea to keep a log of it, if I can leave longer intervals it might encourage me. Guess I'm getting my answer,my teeth aren't strong enough to withstand all the abuse.

sometimes I can go for nearly an hour without doing it, then get the intrusive thoughts and start grinding like crazy. That's a good idea to keep a log of it, if I can leave longer intervals it might encourage me

That's great Penny :)

When you feel the urge kick in....postpone, even if it's only for a further five minutes.

I know how distressing it is with physical symptoms, I get it with my tension headaches....and like you say, you can't take your head of and walk away from it. It's there. But we have to still work on the intrusive nature of the thought and the dreadful, convincing anxiety it provokes.

Postpone Penny...even if it's only minutes at first.

Caramoole

Guest penny0305

Thanks.I really.don't think these seroquel are helping me.I feel worse every day I've been on them. I feel irritable and.gut wrenchingly depressed and the compulsions have just multiplied. I'm doing real damage to my teeth now. I'm dreading having the veneer put back on on Monday in case it's not right or feels different to how it did.before because any change sets my compulsions off.massively. To be honest I've felt physically ill ever since I started the seroquel. They certainly don't calm me.down.I told my care.coordinator.how bad I feel this week and she said I had to be compliant and.carry on with them. I'm at my wits end because I don't know how much more I can take.weekends seem to be particularly bad because I don't have to get up for work.I just want to lie in bed and be.away from it all.I'm pretty desperate now. I can postpone the grinding.sometimes.for about half an.hour.but it's not enough because I'm damaging my teeth.don't think I'll ever.stop until.I've no teeth left.I'm so scared.all the time

Guest penny0305

Does anyone else have any experience of seroquel making their ocd worse.it seems to be getting worse by the day and I also have bdd which.is off the scale at the minute. I just feel desperately depressed and really not myself.I can't motivate myself to.do anything and don't seem to care about anything other than my obsessions and compulsions. Nothing can distract me.I am so tired all the time.I can't seem to get it across to the mental health team how bad I feel. They just accuse me of being non compliant.if I say how bad I feel.since I've come off risperidone onto seroquel.life just feels hopeless now.I feel like I've exhausted all avenues and they are getting fed up with me because I'm not getting better

Pen we all know you aren't being difficult and how much this is clearly distressing you.It could be the dosege is pretty low perhaps of the Seroquel?.Can I please ask what is the highest dose of Sroquel that you've ever been&has that at all helped you in any way at all do you think?.Benzos can certainly help calm you down of course there is the worry of the addiction factor that all Dr's surely know&are understandably concerned about..I think you simply need something that will really help in reducing your anxiety significantly and in slowing your thoughts down as much as possible.

Personally the highest dosage I was on for Seroquel years back was 300mg at night it knocked me out too badly really for many hours on end til the next day.Now I'm on 200mg at Night anf 50 mg in the morning it really helps me so much with the anxiety.Doses of say 50-100mg would be considered surely extremely low&may not be having much affect at all I really doubt.

I'm no Dr of course just would like to see if I could help any way at all.Penn I agree with Cara do your best try to hold off as much as you can with your teeth the longer you do obviously it will be better,but try your best ok hun not to feel bad if you struggle to do it for too long we all know it's not your fault ok? :original:

Guest penny0305

It's the first time I've been on seroquel and the.doctor won't put the dose up until I've had another blood test to check the prolactin levels so I'm stuck at 50mg. I do have clonazepam for anxiety but am sure I'm addicted to them.I've been taking them for months which I'm terrified about but my.doctor just pooh poohs it and says we can taper them down when you feel better. I think I've got in a mess with it all and.wish I'd never started them because the addiction thing is just another thing to worry about. I just feel so desperate I'm.doing anything just to get through the days now.I'm terrified of going back to the dentist tomorrow to have this veneer put back on in case it goes wrong or doesn't feel right because that will set me off even worse. Life just feels like one big hopeless mess.at the minute. I want to.go to bed and never wake up because I can't.

Penny did you stop the Risperidone straight away or was it reduced gradually?As you say the answer is that your teeth aren't strong enough.That is a conclusion I came to with mine too.Postponing is the way forward and keeping a log to encourage yourself.You might be able to force yourself to postpone just a little longer each time.How is the BDD manifesting itself?.Thinking of you and hoping you get relief from this soon.xx

Penn please try not to feel bad about the Clonazepam addiction I know easier said than done but you did pretty much what anybody else did to take them to try to ease the pain&anxiety you're not to blame here hun.It does seem 50mg is quite low with the Seroquel&it just maybe not having much affect at all,if you can get further tests done asap that would be good of course I'm no Dr but if an increase in the Seroquel is possible I think that certainly can help significantly in reducing your stress&anxiety for sure&can certainly help with youir thoughts as well.

It maybe will be better a higher dose of Seroquel that way longer lasting and you won't have the problem of the benzos&the addiction also :original: .

Guest penny0305

Hi

I'm.having the blood test next Tuesday so I don't know what will happen with my medication after that. My ocd is in overdrive now.I had the dentist appointment to put my veneer back on and of course my ocd is going mad. The edge of it feels sharp which is driving me mad. My mum says it's just my ocd at work.finding problems and she's probably right but I'm in such a bad way I find it hard to believe. Most people would probably just ignore it I suppose. I don't know what's real and what's ocd anymore. I'm so sick of this.I'm really not sure about the seroquel.I feel more agitated than ever since I started them. When I take them at night I can't sit still and my legs jump constantly.I'm at my wits end. I can't concentrate at work and feel disconnected from everything. I have bdd too and can't bear to look in the mirror at the minute. I feel ugly and that everyone is looking at me thinking how weird I look. Sorry to moan on. I just feel so alone in this.