Doubting Myself

Guest TotallyVirgo

Guest TotallyVirgo

I have this thing that I do where I think of something and then I question it over and over again in a circular thinking style.  But lately it has been surrounding wheather or not I actually have OCD. I worry that I making stuff up or that I just sound crazy. And even having reassurance from my therapist hasn't helped, it's like I need everyone around me to tell me for me to believe it. Which is super unrational. I have been occisially diagnosed for almost a year now and I know deep down that I do have it. Does this happen to anyone else? 

Lots of people go through bouts of doubt about their OCD. It's very common here on the forum. Once you've been diagnosed, you pretty much have to take a leap of faith that your problems are all OCD related and then treat them like OCD. OCD is very good at trying to convince you that OCD is not the problem but you have to dismiss those thoughts as irrelevant and keep on fighting the OCD the proper way.

Guest TotallyVirgo

Thank you for those resources! I have attempted to give them little papers with info about it and they "read them." (Pretty much sat them down and left them on the desk for weeks) So I will see if they would give me the time to sit down and look at the these with me. I really appreciate it!