Sign in to follow this  
diomedes

Problems in speaking

Hi there, 

I have been living in England the last 1,5 years and when it comes to writing and reading English my skills have been dramatically improved, but when it comes to speaking I have still severe problems. I have been taking 2x75mg of clomipramine and 2x75 of pregabalin for many many years. I can see in drugs.com that they bring confusion and difficulties in concentration separately and even more when combined. Pregabalin can give speech disturbance as well. 

Any similar issue anyone? Notice that for some periods in the past I had problems on speaking my own language as well.

Regards

I had speech issues for a few years i suddenly had a stammer not reallly bad but certainly noticeable, i believe it was a side effect of pregabalin. It seems to have gone now just as quick as it came whether that’s due to additional meds i can not say. 

On 21/07/2019 at 11:30, Biccy said:

I had speech issues for a few years i suddenly had a stammer not reallly bad but certainly noticeable, i believe it was a side effect of pregabalin. It seems to have gone now just as quick as it came whether that’s due to additional meds i can not say. 

Have you quit pregabalin?

No I’m still taking it along side my other meds 

10 hours ago, seekingERPnorthwest said:

Do other people notice & comment about it?

Yes people used to notice me stuttering and then fill in the missing words

Actually my shrink in Greece (has studied in England as well) told me that it is a matter of anxiety and not pregabalin, well he absolutely has a point because when I speak Greek I don't have such issues. My response to this will be an enrolment to a gym. It is always a massive counter-anxiety dope!