Obsession with numbers

Hi. I have a massive obsession with the number 2. I can’t stand it. If I say something twice for example, I have to say it another time. Or if I am offered some sweets and they say take 2. I get really stressed. I’m currently doing CBT and that is helping me with other areas of my OCD, but I was just wondering if anyone else has this weird obsession with numbers. What numbers disturb you?

Thanks ?

Hi Holly :)

People worrying about certain numbers is common in OCD. Have you mentioned this problem to your therapist? Because they can help you challenge it alongside your other OCD problems. Worrying that some numbers are unlucky or bad in some way is called magical thinking. Avoidance of the number is a compulsion and makes it more likely that you'll feel the number is bad. Challenging this with CBT is the best way to not have it bother you anymore :)

• 1 year later...

I have a really strong obsession with numbers it literally revolves around my whole day to day life however i’m the opposite to you and 2 is like my comfort number, i have to do literally everything twice and 1 is the number i despise it makes me so uncomfortable. A you’re definitely not alone with the obsession don’t worry