Checking woes

Hi all,

Having done really well curbing my checking over the two weeks I've started to fall back in it again, checking my bank account.

Not quite sure though why I continue to check because I know it feeds the ocd and makes it much worse. I just have this horrendous fear of making a mistake with money and losing it.

Case in point, I bought an item of jewellery from my current account and transferred the same amount from my savings account into my current account to balance it. However I had a fear that the balance of the current account after the transfer was not the same after the money for the jewellery was debited.

The more I checked the more I was unsure so kept checking. I've only checked once today but still have all these doubts and fears something is wrong. It's truly disturbing and vile.

I wish I could not check at all but the fear and doubts are so intense.

1 hour ago, PolarBear said:

And yet, that's what you have to do. Anxiety feels awful but it won't hurt you. Compulsions will just keep you stuck where you are.

How do you know anxiety won't hurt me though? All those stress chemicals flooding the system can't be good for me. 

Appreciate I've got to resist bit it's like moving a mountain ?