Misophonia and Misokinesia

This might sound crazy but I think im connecting the dots. 

As the title reads misophonia and misokinesia does anybody have any experience with this. 

I believe I also have this and have read that it relates to OCD. 

The reason I know i suffer with misophonia is because I havent slept in the same bedas my partner for the past 5 years. She doesnt snore but heavy breaths and it just turns me into an evil person. I have tried staying in the same bed but im just on edge waitng and anticipating the breathing to start. Im kind of listen out for it and as soon as I hear it no matter how quiet it is that's it. 

My mind fixates on this sound and i just cant ignore it, it drives me mental and brings anxiety. 

This is also the same when we sit in the living room together and she scraches a body part, bites nails, smooths her face, any sort of movement that is constant and figiting, i count in my head to 10 and if she hasnt stopped doing it I will tell her to stop or I just leave the room as it drives me mental. Once ive seen it I cant ignore it. I feel bad as i know im the mental one but it does have a big impact on our relationship. 

Just at wondering if anyone else experience this. 

Thanks for raising this Chris. I knew people could find certain noises annoying, but I had no idea either condition could affect people so severely.

They sound incredibly frustrating to live with.

From what I can gather it seems they can both be helped with CBT...have you already given that a go?

https://www.ocduk.org/misophonia/

• 3 years later...

Hi Chris

I have exactly the same as what you describe.. it's hard

Misophonia + Misokinesia

Only my relatives would trigger me to react (parents, partner, sadly children), strangers dont bother me

I am trying some CBT, but worried it won't fix me and won't give me enough relief.

Not sure what's in store next, sadly it doesn't seem to go away and if anything gets worse.

Sorry, not meant to bring all this pessimism.. happy to chat more, it might help us