OCD Conference - Nottingham (Sat 1st Nov)

Hi

Is anybody else going on this conference in October . It looks really interesting and my wife who has been a massive support to me throughout my OCD has suggested I go along . Has anyone been to a conference before and has it helped ?

Well done Mrs Lincoln!

I too get excellent support from my wife and this charity.

I wish to go but there are difficulties in my wife's family at the moment and I need to find the right time to talk to her about it.

Edited by taurean

Hi Lincoln,

Myself and Lottie have been working on finalising the conference agenda today (well for the Friday event, we will confirm the Saturday event next week). I suspect the format of the day will look something like the attached.

Past events tend to have about 200 people in attendance and the feedback forms (we tend to get a high 75% returned) all indicate they do learn something from the day, but what I think slightly more importantly we get on the feedback is the fact that the vast majority report increased hope and feeling inspired from the stories they learn at the conference. I hope this year will be no different.

It would be fantastic to see you there. Hopefully it will be a good day, and the food provided at lunch (included in the price) looks yummy too.

Ashley :)

Saturday.pdf

Morning all.

And I have good news.

We have terminal illness in my wife's family at the moment, and it makes it difficult for us to make firm plans.

But of course, we could shilly-shally around at home, not rolling out anything, not agreeing to do anything, and nothing might happen.

So we have made a sensible decision, and I will book to come to conference - if something happens, we'll deal with it when we know what we are dealing with.

I think I'll be planning to come up to Nottingham on the Friday, take a look round the City during the day (I haven't been to Nottingham for over 30 years) , meet up with everyone Friday night - stop over - then attend the conference on Saturday, travelling back to London in the evening .

I'm glad Lincoln made this post, and Ashley responded - it prompted me to address something upon which, frankly, I had procrastinated!

Best wishes

Roy

Edited by taurean

That's good to hear Taurean .

I have been giving it a lot of thought and I will be booking my place tonight.

We come back from abroad the evening before so this will be something to look forward to on my return.

Had a couple of rough weeks as started new medication , and took a few steps back so this is giving me hope and something to focus on.

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed speakers for our conference include Prof Mark Freeston, Prof Paul Salkovskis, Dr David Veale, Dr Fiona Challacombe, Dr Claire Lomax, Dr Brynjar Hallordsson and we will also be hearing from people who are doing well in their OCD fight or have overcome their OCD, 16-year old Josh and his mum Yolanda, Lottie and Karen.

The first day we hope to increase the level of understanding that health professionals have about OCD, this in turn should help us when it comes to future treatment those therapists are involved in. The Saturday of the conference we hope to offer education and inspiration.

We hope to see some of you in Nottingham.

• 2 weeks later...

We have about 60 conference bookings for the Saturday so far. Who is coming on the Saturday and staying overnight? I am thinking of booking a table in town for a meal about 8pm for those that want to join us? There is a great oriental restaurant (Flaming Dragon) with all you can eat for £12, and really nice food. Anyone up for that?

Let me know so I can keep an eye on numbers for the table booking.

• 4 weeks later...