Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi just wondering if anyone can help I have severe OCD that consumes every minute of the day since I was a child. I've tried CBT through my IAPT which didn't help at all. How do I get (via the NHS) treatment with someone more experienced? I asked my gp and she wasn't helpful. Are there psychologists experienced in giving more support that I can access via the NHS. My CBT experience was not useful at all and actually made me worse. Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post

Hi Olivia :)

Unfortunately your story isn't an unfamiliar one but yes you can access more specialist services in the UK. Which ones though depends on where you are in the UK. This is the link on the OCD-UK website to the various pathways you can take, just click on the corresponding flag for the part of the UK you are in. 


If you have further questions or need help with it all, you could email support@ocduk.org too :)

Share this post

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...