Sign in to follow this  
Guest Common_Night-Owl

What Sort Of

Guest Common_Night-Owl

What sort of life do you want to live? (Professionally, socially, privately.)

What sort of person do you want to be?

Who is or who are your role-model(s)? (If it's not a renowned person, then tell us a bit about him or her.)

(Is this a lighthearted enough topic for this sub-forum?)

I want to be The Rock.  Not like The Rock, I want to become The Rock.  He seems like a cool dude with a fun life.  Jason Momoa or Will Smith also acceptable 🤣

Guest Common_Night-Owl

Then you'll have to ask your fairy godmother about that. But she'll tell you that it's impossible, because we each have our own souls, and then offer you, as explanation, a brief yet complex course in quantum metaphysics. :-) Or maybe you don't also want his personality, but only to "exchange bodies"? She'll still refuse your wish.

But seriously. Fine, I'll start:

My role-models are the pious and tough peasants* who have lived all over Europe 150 years ago. They were truly free people. Though I'm far from being like any of them.

(*I wanted to say: ascetical desert-dwelling monks, but I'm even farther from being like them, than from the peasants.)

23 hours ago, Common_Night-Owl said:

(Is this a lighthearted enough topic for this sub-forum?)

Perfect. :) 

Guest Common_Night-Owl

@Ashley, you may, if you so will, move also this topic to the 'Central Perk' sub-forum. I won't complain.