Warning coming onto this site

If I'm not already paranoid enough I tried to access this forum from Google earlier and I was blocked by 'workfence'. 

It jusy made my ocd going up another level, made me feel like i've been trying access something bad. It mentioned about malicious IP address that's why it blocked me. I got home then it worked. Anyone else experience this? 

Thanks 

Edited by Chris2020
Spelling

Do you have a security package or app on your device that might not like the site's settings or security certificates? 

I occasionally get prevented from accessing a website about model horses (yes, as innocuous as that!) because my internet provider apparently doesn't recognise its security certificates and therefore classes it as a risky site to visit.

4 hours ago, Chris2020 said:

If I'm not already paranoid enough I tried to access this forum from Google earlier and I was blocked by 'workfence'. 

Was it workfence or wordfence?   We do use Wordfence, but not on the forums. 

But generally the error means the website security systems detected an issue, perhaps with the IP address you were accessing the website from at the time.  That doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just means at some point that IP had been flagged by the automated system.  It could be when you tried to access at home it was using a different IP or the original IP that had been flagged earlier had been cleared by the system a little later.

4 hours ago, Chris2020 said:

It jusy made my ocd going up another level, made me feel like i've been trying access something bad. It mentioned about malicious IP address that's why it blocked me. I got home then it worked. Anyone else experience this? 

I'm sorry that your OCD was triggered, sadly in this day and age with lots of individuals and automated robots looking for every security flaw in websites many systems are working overtime to protect websites. Most of the time it gets the balance right, just on the odd occasion it might flag something innocent to be a risk.

I can check it out but would need to know the IP address being used at the time you received the message. 

Thank you for your reply. It was indeed word fence. 

That's put my mind at ease. One minute I'm in the house and it worked fine, next I go to the shop and that when it happened. 

Atleast I know now. 

Thanks 

Do you know which page you were on when you received the error message?  Wordfence is used on our main website (ocduk.org) but is not used on the forums (ocdofrums.org)?