Is this what is called Derealization/Depersonalization

This has came along with my current theme of OCD this brain fog like feeling makes me feel like I’m disconnected from my own mind and body, or that my sense of self has been completely lost.  I have been extremely stressed lately and did quite a bit of compulsive behavior I’m trying my best to practice what my ocd therapist has taught me. Since the theme is relative new I don’t have many exposures sadly but I’m hoping for that to change with my next appointment. But in any case what is this sensation I’m feeling in my head?

Hey @Nugget, I have experienced the same and my therapist told me it was depersonalisation, like you suggest. The way he explained it to me is like a sort of defence mechanism. You are going through a lot of stress and your body doesn't want to feel the anxiety anymore, so it disconnects itself. I hated the feeling, but as my anxiety has lessened, so has this feeling. What helps sometimes is to try and connect to physical sensations in your environment and be more aware of them, if that makes any sense. In any case, it's nothing to be worried about!