Help me keep on fighting!

Hi!

This is my first post in these forums, I really felt like I needed support from fellow OCD sufferers tonight, as my friends and partner don't seem to get it.

I have suffered from OCD (TOCD, HIV OCD, POCD) for 7 years, and have been in treatment for 5. I am even graduating as a psychiatrist in a few months. So needless to say that I have  all the right tools to help me: meds, ERP, mindfulness, daily exercise, etc. and these tools have been very effective, reducing my symptoms by 95% on average. But as you all know, this disease waxes and wanes, and I have had a flare up recently which I got under control with the help of my therapist. But I feel like this 5% of leftover symptoms - the constant guilt, this feeling of impending doom (to lose all that I have worked for because people will figure out how bad of a person I am) -, and constant need to fight are winning this war of attrition. I really feel like my hope and fighting spirit are both dwindling...

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Thank you all for your support! I hope I can become a supportive member of this community.

Cristo

:welcome: to the forum Cristo!

I'm sorry you've had such a difficult time with your OCD. Well done for reducing your symptoms by 95%- that's an amazing achievement. I'm sure your future patients will massively benefit from having a Psychiatrist with lived experience of the stigma and challenges of mental illness. 

I don't have a lot of advice as I'm still struggling with my OCD and it has had a pretty profound effect on my life but I know there are a few other members who are in a similar place with their OCD and will probably be along to post shortly. 

Welcome, 

I think it’s absolutely fantastic how far you have come you should really give yourself a Pat on the back. 
You know this is OCD lurking in the background and just focus on how far you have come.

I’m not in a good place atm it’s nice to hear someone who has done so well ??.

Well done in your upcoming graduation I’m sure you will be of great help to this community and other her can help you too