Oh no i'm so stupid!

Guest iwantoutofmyhead

Guest iwantoutofmyhead

I have had a bad cold this week and double that up with locking myself out of the house yesterday, i forgot it was Friday and forgot to pick up my prescription for my Seroquel. I'm already experiencing a major spike in my anxiety (probably cos ive been ill, it always seems to happen that way), so i'm not going to try and last without it for the weekend. Shall i ring the out of hours doctors (i live in the uk) tomorrow and ask them to give me some, or should i ring the crisis team at my mental health service? I'm thinking probably the out of hours doctors because it's not a crisis technically i don't think...not right now anyway. I've been very anxious the past few days, spending a lot longer on rituals especially when i've been trying to get ready for bed, and also having thoughts and mashing over things from my past and worrying alot. So now this, and i really don't know what to do. Plus i'm scared they'll shout at me or say 'why didnt you pick up your prescription?'

Has anyone else done this before and if so what did you do? Remember im in the UK =)

Hi Iwantyou........They won't shout at you, we all make mistakes - I'd ring the out of hours doctors and go from there.

In the very unlikely event they let you down you can then call the crisis team and explain that you've done all you can (tried the docs) and now need help from them.

Hope the cold gets better and you feel brighter in a few days :original: ...scooby.

Edited by Guest
Guest iwantoutofmyhead

Thanks scooby, you're always quite wise so i feel a bit better now, and yes i hope i get better soon too because my whole face hurts. And yes i suppose my local mental health services being as brilliant as they are at times will fix it if worst comes to worst. Locked myself out of my house AND forgotten my prescription, that's amazing even for me =)

Hiya,

Like Scooby suggests try your Out of hours doctor, or if you can tomorrow try a pharmacy anyway. I pulled this from the NHS website:

You may also be able to get an emergency supply without a prescription from a community pharmacist. You will be interviewed by the pharmacist to find out:

If you are usually prescribed the medication.

If there is a clear immediate medical need.

If there is no other way to get a prescription.

The pharmacist will also make sure the dose you ask for is considered suitable. A charge will be made for the medicines and the service. The amount charged is at the discretion of the pharmacist because this service is currently not part of the NHS contract for pharmacists.

The pharmacist is required to make a full record of the medicines supplied along with your name and address and the reason why you cannot get a prescription.

If you call NHS Direct they may be able to help you find a pharmacy near you that will be able to help you.

Ashley

P.S. Don't worry about the UK reminder, we are OCD-UK so all the advice on our site is aimed at UK residents :)

Guest iwantoutofmyhead
P.S. Don't worry about the UK reminder, we are OCD-UK so all the advice on our site is aimed at UK residents

Oh yes, sorry, honestly that is how silly i can be. I am on an ocd-uk forum and forget. Sometimes i wonder how i function at all with being this dizzy.

Thanks for the advice Ashley, i didn't know that a pharmacy might help. That might be what the out of hours people tell me to do, but it's worth a try. :)

Guest iwantoutofmyhead

Though i'd update, for anyone who might be interested in my silly shenanigans- i have called them this morning and i have an appointment to go to the out of hours doctors at the hospital. Now i just have to try and find it in that maze of buildings that is my local hospital. Wish me luck! :)

Guest Wombat142

Just an idea I had. St. John's Wort is sold as an antidepressant, and is thought to act in much the same way as SSRIs, i.e. by affecting serotonin. So it might work for OCD the same as SSRIs do. The point of this is that it's available without prescription, so if it worked then it would do as a stop-gap. You shouldn't take it at the same time as SSRIs though.

Wombat142

Guest Wombat142

Fair enough. Just a guess. I don't know all that much about SSRIs to be honest, but if that's true about having to wait a while before taking other things, then obviously St. John's Wort wouldn't do for this purpose.

Guest legend

I think that its advisable to have a 2 week gap before starting st johns wort, as it doesnt interact well with

ssri, and of course its a natural product, not a chemical made one.

Guest iwantoutofmyhead

Thanks for the advice guys. My anti depressant isn't even an SSRI, it's an SNRI, i guess my psychiatrist felt like being fancy :p But yeah i don't think im allowed to take st johns wort without a gap, think it interacts or something. Good idea though :D Maybe i should stick two tablets in a spare purse or something and have them there as an emergency. And my mum suggested doing that thing where Boots pick up your repeat prescription and have it ready for you. Much easier for my poor forgetful head.

x

P.S- Oops, yes, i got my tablets in the end by the way, just had to walk all the way up to the hospital but i guess that serves me right for being all forgetful.

Edited by Guest

hey,ashley keeps deleting my thread to u so im posting this here in case u dont get it.Thanks for saying i could pm u..i tried to but ur inbox was full.could u delete an old message so i could pm u?

Thanks for the advice guys. My anti depressant isn't even an SSRI, it's an SNRI, i guess my psychiatrist felt like being fancy :p But yeah i don't think im allowed to take st johns wort without a gap, think it interacts or something. Good idea though :D Maybe i should stick two tablets in a spare purse or something and have them there as an emergency. And my mum suggested doing that thing where Boots pick up your repeat prescription and have it ready for you. Much easier for my poor forgetful head.

x

P.S- Oops, yes, i got my tablets in the end by the way, just had to walk all the way up to the hospital but i guess that serves me right for being all forgetful.

hey,ashley keeps deleting my thread to u so im posting this here in case u dont get it.Thanks for saying i could pm u..i tried to but ur inbox was full.could u delete an old message so i could pm u?

I don't keep deleting your thread Cat, but we do not allow forum postings of a personal nature to other users in the main OCD forum, as you can see there are no other such threads. Myself, and my moderators have made your multiple threads invisible, and will continue to do so. You need to show patience and allow other users to clear their inbox's at their own leisure. Remember, there may be other users also PM'ing them.

I dont see why i cant let her know ive been trying to pm her..whats wrong with that? she did say i could pm her,so how is she supposed to know that i cant get one through to her if u wont allow my posts!!! i also was uspet that u sent me a pm saying that i shouldnt pm people etc,cant remember ur exact words.But she did say i could pm her.u seem to think the worst of me,thanks a lot!

I don't keep deleting your thread Cat, but we do not allow forum postings of a personal nature to other users in the main OCD forum, as you can see there are no other such threads. Myself, and my moderators have made your multiple threads invisible, and will continue to do so. You need to show patience and allow other users to clear their inbox's at their own leisure. Remember, there may be other users also PM'ing them.
Guest legend

CAT....youve been given some really really wonderful advice, from myself and many on here, and youre

in a position that many can relate to, and some are still in, and you are still looking for reasuarance, by pming

posting, continally repeating your posts, and its very hard, but youll look back and thank us.....

Lawrie summed it up earlier, you are gay and have ocd, now its time to roll up those sleeves, and face up

to the fears.

pming for advice, in my opinion, only keeps you in the loop, if your using it as "COMFORT" tool

When you do get your cbt, it will probably be along the same lines of advice we have given you,

its a scary thought facing up to ocd, but the outcome is well worth the effort

legend

Guest iwantoutofmyhead

Wow, just looked back and there was an explosion of replies on this thread. My inbox is free now cat, although upon trying to message you to let you know i found yours is now full! I think we all forget how small our inboxes are sometimes! =)

I'm not sure i get why your posts are being deleted/merged, but i must say i doubt it would be done without a very good reason.

=)

where am i repeating my posts? my last few threads were not related to my compulsions one,yet were merged into that one for some unknown reason.I was also mot pming iwantoutofmyhead for reassurance,as i have already said to lawrie! Also,i have been using cbt on myself and the four steps constantly since i joined this site several weeks ago,with mostly great success,except fot a few slipups,so i think i deserve credit for that legend! i feel like u think that i am in a worse position that where i actually am,which is greatly improved mostly.

i am also not using pming as a confort aid,but asking for logical advice.

CAT....youve been given some really really wonderful advice, from myself and many on here, and youre

in a position that many can relate to, and some are still in, and you are still looking for reasuarance, by pming

posting, continally repeating your posts, and its very hard, but youll look back and thank us.....

Lawrie summed it up earlier, you are gay and have ocd, now its time to roll up those sleeves, and face up

to the fears.

pming for advice, in my opinion, only keeps you in the loop, if your using it as "COMFORT" tool

When you do get your cbt, it will probably be along the same lines of advice we have given you,

its a scary thought facing up to ocd, but the outcome is well worth the effort

legend

Edited by Guest
Guest legend

Also,i have been using cbt on myself and the four steps constantly since i joined this site several weeks ago,with mostly great success,except fot a few slipups,so i think i deserve credit for that legend! i feel like u think that i am in a worse position that where i actually am,which is greatly improved mostly.

Thats brilliant cat, and im pleased for you, but, i do sometimes worry that, not only you!!, but the pm facility can

be used for advice about ocd, and as a "comfort" tool or a reasurance type tool to,

on that note, i personally believe, that if you have a "ocd" question or doubt, maybe keep it to the forums,

that way, many others can help, and of course many others can learn and reap rewards too.x

legend

Guest legend

where am i repeating my posts? my last few threads were not related to my compulsions one,yet were merged into that one for some unknown reason.

I think ashley has already answered that question,

I have had a bad cold this week and double that up with locking myself out of the house yesterday, i forgot it was Friday and forgot to pick up my prescription for my Seroquel. I'm already experiencing a major spike in my anxiety (probably cos ive been ill, it always seems to happen that way), so i'm not going to try and last without it for the weekend. Shall i ring the out of hours doctors (i live in the uk) tomorrow and ask them to give me some, or should i ring the crisis team at my mental health service? I'm thinking probably the out of hours doctors because it's not a crisis technically i don't think...not right now anyway. I've been very anxious the past few days, spending a lot longer on rituals especially when i've been trying to get ready for bed, and also having thoughts and mashing over things from my past and worrying alot. So now this, and i really don't know what to do. Plus i'm scared they'll shout at me or say 'why didnt you pick up your prescription?'

Has anyone else done this before and if so what did you do? Remember im in the UK =)

Hi

Some pharmacies can do this but if its a controlled medication, like most anti depressants are, then they may not be willing to issue some medication, if they do it could be enough for the weekend until you can ring your surgery.

My husband runs out all the time, he takes 150mg of Clomipramine which is three 50mg tablets, so the pack is soon gone, and before you know it hes out again.

As a rule with surgeries if you are late putting in your repeat request, do stress how urgent it is, and do stress that you may get withdrawal symptoms from missing out on medications, dont be put off by the telephonist, do stress your point, this is important.

melly xx