Don't want this life anymore

Hi bruces,

I'm sorry you are feeling the way you are. I've felt similar thoughts. I know at times it doesn't feel like I'm living a life I want and that I'm just surviving from day to day.

But if you can shift perspective for a second, you're surviving. Take that as success. All of us here, in spite of an illness that is darker than anything I can put into words, are survivors. It takes courage and you're doing it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, I don't know if everyone is living a 'normal' happy life, everybody has issues that we don't know about, not matter how big or small. You don't know what is going on behind closed doors, & if you're always comparing your own life to the illusion of life that you believe someone else if living, then your own life will never be up to scratch.

Come on, you had to pass the time somehow. What did you do all day? Why not invest some of your time in a hobby? Do you have any friends or family that you enjoy spending time with? Watching comedy shows, movies, or video clips can spark laughter. Going on a walk would get you out of the house, and it releases endorphins ("feel good" chemicals) in your brain, which may lift your mood. Anything that can give you at least a little bit of relief is a good idea, but you can't keep going around in circles like this - it won't do you any good. If anything, it will only make you feel worse, and you don't deserve that. :hug:

Pleasee get help. :'( I had OCD that made me feel this way. Like just a year ago it was like that! And I got help. This help was from the third psychologist I tried. But I got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. There are people out there who can help you. (And if you want, the trick to beating OCD is not doing OCD things that you do, but also repetition of this and not just doing that once, but continuing to do so and your anxiety goes away. But a psychologist can help you organize how to do that, and if you have it as bad as you seem to describe, medication helps a lot too. But you need to find a psychologist and/or psychiatrist(medication one) who has had experience with OCD because like I said there's a certain way to treat it, it's not about talking about your problems.) Feel free to message me if you want to talk by the way!!

Guest legend

Recently I've just become so incredibly tired and exhausted with no will to do anything,the days feel like a week I just wish for the evenings to come so I can go to bed a early as possible,I'm not living a life it's just an existance,you've gotta ask yourself whats the point?

what you doing now bruce , this was 24th feb /

Guest legend

I hate life I can't stand being alive

how many times have you posted this in past bruce ?

Cbt good help , etc is about getting better buddy

ocd destroys life !! but ocd recovery is possible , rear view mirror approach does happen , its called grieving , like losing a person in real life

but its your life that you look back on re loss of

good therapist deal with , lifes forwards , not negs . positives

Edited by legend
Guest Tricia

You are still ignoring diet, Bruce, and I am afraid unless you change that you are likely to remain depressed.

I'm not saying it's a 100 percent guarantee that your depression will then lift, but it is likely to. Isn't it worth trying it?

Guest Tricia

Diet has a big impact on psoriasis.

Spring is nearly here, why don't you make a list of changes that you can try to make and see if anything improves?

The guilt is terrible I can't handle it

Bruces please try not to feel guilty my friend you've been very unwell there shouldn't be any guilt from your part it's not like it's been your choice to be unwell mate.I understand the guilt feeling I totally do I had and still can get that in my life and I'm like yourself nearly 40 but have battled many problems mostly were due to the various mental illness conditions I've had throughout my life.I know it hurts really hard not being able to fulfil your dreams when you're so unwell but please try to be more kinder to yourself my friend.I think really you need to be seeing someone else for your depression,OCD,anxiety etc etc no offence to who you're currently seeing but I don't think you're really gaining much benefit with them in all due respects my friend :original: .

I'm really finding it hard to see the point,when everyday is so difficult and so unpleasant when my alarm goes off on a morning I get such a feeling of dread knowing there's another day ahead..

Bruces my friend I mean this in all good faith& respect what I think you should really do is go to the hospital ,see another Doctor tell them exactly how you're feeling mate you need urgent help I know it's tough but trust me it's the best thing for you immediate help is what you need right now it can't be worse than how you're living&suffering right now I know it's not easy but you really need this my friend :original: .

Guest Tricia

I don't know what to say, Bruce, as we've all come up with various suggestions. I won't go on about diet etc., any more as you are ignoring me. I just hope you manage to change something as clearly your life is hell right now. I feel for you, but just don't know what to say any more.

I don't know how or if I can change my situation the depression ocd and psoriasis are all unpleasant,I don't like where I live or the job that I do,I don't feel I can really do anything else,so in light of everything it's got to question the worth of life