Feelings of revenge

Hey all, yeah it's me again with my annoying posts.

I'm in CBT, almost got over my fear of number 13, however for the last six months I've been having severe anxiety over a supersticious facebook post. I'm not looking for advice on how to lose my fear of that, I have all the info I need.

It's revenge I'm seeking, I wanna go after the person who posted it and make him suffer, as he has made me suffer.

How can I let go of these feelings of revenge? .....that stupid post could mess me up for life! I just feel like justice needs to be done!

You want to blame this person because one person with OCD reacted negatively to his post? 

No, this isn't about him. It's about you and the way you perceived the post. Those stupid posts are all over FB. Are you going to go after every person who shares them?

Better you get your OCD in check.

You need to rephrase that ”that stupid post could mess me up for life” to “my stupid OCD COULD mess me up for life” but u could always not allow OCD to mess u up for life by doing what u need to do to get better! We can’t blame others for our distorted reactions to things, it’s our reaction that is the problem, not the triggers. Well done on the sobriety! Long may it last xx

I have disconnected from most social media. There is evidence that it can cause discomfort. Don't know if it a distorted reaction without looking at the exchange. People get upset by words and images and the spread of false information. But revenge can eat you up. Iam dubious about saying you overreacted because of OCD without looking at the evidence. Having said that, the others you say have given you the truth. But as a general principle I think the it's better to look at the evidence. 

They weren't stupid questions. I've always said the only stupid question is the one not asked.

You're frustrated. You reached out for help. You dumped on the forum here. We just pointed you in another direction.

It's all good.

My therapist says that thoughts only have meaning to them if I give the thought attention, or words to that effect.

I'm getting there I am, it just seems like a long road that I'm on.

I'll keep working at it.

Thanks to you all, truly appreciated you.