Do OCD themes come randomly. I have a fear that I've contracted rabies from my holiday. I'm very aware of rabies and avoided contact with any cats. I love cats but won't touch stray cats especially abroad. I went to Israel and had a great time. I didn't touch any cats though I looked at some I thought were cute. I kept a distance. There was one cat who I stopped to admire. He was friendly and walked between legs. I'm scared what if it bit me but I didn't realize? My friend said that I would have noticed if he had bit me. 

I've checked the Israel rabies statistics. There were 12 cases this year, one in a cat further away near the Syrian border. I stayed in Tel Aviv so it was around 150km away from the rabies case in that cat. 

I still can't help but worry what if the cat had rabies and it bit me but I didn't realize. It brushed between my legs. I've heard that friendliness in animals can be a sign of rabies. I've seen a lot of friendly strays in Israel and other holidays. A lot of them although are stray are looked after by people and fed. 

I keep thinking what if this cat his rabies but it wasn't detected. I feel unwell and I keep thinking what if I've got rabies. I came back from Israel three weeks ago. 

You are way overthinking this. Typical OCD. If I saw a stray cat the last thing I'd think about is rabies. It's an obsession. Treat it as one. Watch your ruminating and stay away from Google.

Thank you for your reply Polar bear. I'm so sick of living like this, living in fear of everything. This is no life. I feel whenever life is going well, something will take away my happiness such as cancer or a rare disease. It stems from my childhood. My brother was born with an extremely rare brain tumor and I always think, bad and rare things can happen to me.

Don’t beat yourself up, have you tried any therapy ? Sometimes what helps for me is thinking would others might think on similar scenarios as it can put some logical perspective to situations. Also, I now try focusing on the here and now. I appreciate it’s not easy and it’s taken me years to figure out, but now that I have I can manage and feel better about the future. Hope you have a pleasant day