Struggling really badly

My meds are being changed and so I’ve had to reduce the duloxitine and it’s had a huge impact on my anxiety and paranoia. I’m obsessed with my tongue again, this time with it touching the roof of my mouth on the left and thinking it’s a lump on my tongue touching the roof of my mouth. I had to cancel my first psychology appointment because the pills knocked me out, I’ve gone up with pregabalin. I’m starting a new pill vortioxetine on Tuesday I think. I’ve made myself feels sick keep pushing my tongue against the roof of my mouth and swallowing. I’m very distressed. 

8 hours ago, Phili said:

I’m obsessed with my tongue again, this time with it touching the roof of my mouth on the left and thinking it’s a lump on my tongue touching the roof of my mouth

You have managed to respond differently to it before, it's not any different now. Remember the advice that you've been given on your previous posts. Just because you get re-triggered doesn't mean you can't suddenly respond differently. You do get to have a choice as to whether you do or don't do compulsions. You can allow yourself to feel distressed with the knowledge that it's a feeling albeit an uncomfortable one but one that will pass. It can't do any harm to you or make anything happen or not happen.

Pity you cancelled the psychology appointment. Did you reschedule? I suppose you are like me when I had oral checking, the fear is cancer. I reckon part of you knows it’s OCD because you write ‘thinking it’s a lump….’ When we say think or thinking in front of a statement such as ‘it’s a lump’ there is an element of uncertainty there. So you are not certain that’s it’s bad news. But the checking raises the uncertainty. And with us with OCD the doubt always centres on bad news. The checking will not erase the fear. As DRSI says, you need not do compulsions. The anti anxiety drugs will reduce the anxiety but the compulsions will increase the anxiety. What do you do to occupy yourself? You can switch your attention to other things.

It’s so hard, the change in my pills. Sometimes an area of my tongue feels kind of rough, most likely because of dry tongue and feeling and the pacifier and stuff. I’m so scared and all my brother does is get angry.