Hi everyone 

honestly I have been feeling a lot better of late, trying not to listen when the ocd tells me I’m in danger, but I guess it’s just one of those days when it’s harder to fight it off. 

I’ve found myself stuck on some thing and am too embarrassed to talk to my boyfriend about it, so just sit and think about it over and over, google it, which always makes everything worse and really just can’t get it out of my head. 

Im not sure what I’m aiming for with this post other than to know other people get these bad days too and that it doesn’t detract from the progress I’ve made in the last few weeks 

vi

Hey vivi_x,

yep I get bad days like this too! I think the important thing is that you're aware that you're doing things you shouldn't and the impact that they have. Just write it off and move on! I've found that as you go further, it becomes easier to stop yourself from engaging and you have fewer bad days. Hang in there xx

Glad  to hear you are feeling better overall! 

Yes i get bad days too, sometimes a bad week...but yes, overall it doesn't seem to affect the progress I've made in the long-term once i manage to struggle through these blips!

I try to keep the long-term picture in mind as these bad days can be discouraging.

So yes just keep going and know that this blip will pass :) 

Hi @vivi_x, sorry you are having a bad day.  You are right, sometimes they just happen.  I saw a great picture a while back with a slogan "recovery is not a straight line".  I think that is good to keep in mind.  Its hard, but do your best to not feed the OCD with compulsions like ruminating or googling.  It only provides temporary relief (at best) and takes you down the wrong path in general. Don't be hard on yourself, it happens to all of us, we all slip up and give in now and then.  Just try and do what you can next time you feel that urge.  And don't be afraid to do something nice for yourself if you are having a bad day.  And also, remind yourself,, negative emotions are part of life, you don't have to banish them completely. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!