Professor T starts tonight on ITV!

• felix4 changed the title to Professor T starts tonight on ITV!

Thanks for the heads-up Felix. I'll give it a go on catch-up as it's up against Baptiste over on BBC1. It will be interesting to see how they handle the disorder...I can't help thinking TV producers sometimes think of it as an interesting quirk to add interest to a character, rather than the reality of what we all go through. Maybe I'm being overly cynical and will be proved wrong though. At the very least I guess it may help someone watching to identify the issue and get treatment.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday at approx 11.45 in the morning on LBC’s James O’Brian’s show Ben Miller the actor who plays Professor T and the producer of the programme were interviewed. Ben Miller indicated that he had suffered some OCD in the past and that Professor T depicted an accurate account of OCD unlike other shows. As I have said in another thread, detective shows rarely depict a socially realistic account of the world. I watched a Poirot last night! But given that the lead actor and the producer admit that there are surreal elements to Professor T they maintain the account of OCD is more or less accurate. As Ashley has pointed out in an article about the show - Professor T does not show the ravaged hands!