Irrational or Silly Thought Log - Let's have them

We're always told (and it is true) that everyone has intrusive, nonsensical or just plain silly thoughts that pass through their mind dozens of times a day and that for most people they just pass through without noticing. Let's log a few and see some of the daft thoughts that we have that make no sense but that just filter through.

Don't log thoughts that form part of your OCD or make you anxious. Just the random, meaningless ones. Keep it short

So far I thought

What if I picked up that stone and smashed the window of a house I was walking past at the time

What if I posted my door keys in the post box

Let's see what we do actually think randomly

Caramoole :)

Guest jayjay89

What if I shaved my head instead of my armpit?

Maybe the fact that I can't do cartwheels is my problem

I'm more attracted to pizza than men

Hmmmm wish I had one stretchy long arm!

Those are just from today lol

I used to have feelings that I would love to pull the communication cord on a train, but knew I could not do that - unless of course there was a real emergency.

My father-in-law actually did get to pull the chord. He was seeing his daughter (my wife) onto her train to start the journey home, and the doors closed and the train moved off!

Shucks, it was me that really wanted to do it!

Edited by taurean
Guest HeadAboveWater

What if I jump out of my 3rd story window?

What if I am sexually attracted to everything and everyone?

What if I am attracted to my husband because he looks like my parents? (which, he doesn't look like either of them, AT ALL) lol

What if I push that pigeon off the window sill? (strange that I felt so guilty even though it would be able to fly).

What if, what if, what if.........................

Guest jayjay89

This morning - what if I can't sleep because there is an alien parasite in my brain turbo charging me?

I wouldn't mind that actually.

Almost every morning I wonder if my trousers are clean... Flash back to student life lol.

Just shows we can't control what thoughts actually enter our head. But we can control how we react to them.

With the desire to pull the communication chord, married up with not wanting to walk on the gaps between paving stones as a child, I know see they were the start of obsessive and compulsive thinking.

haha! I actually had a few while cleaning the oven today, such as: *clears throat*:

- what if a bird flies in, inhales the fumes from the oven cleaner and dies

- what if the oven cleaner fumes make me get high and one of the neighbours thinks I'm doing drug and call the police

- what if the bits of scourer that came off in the oven set on fire next time the oven is turned on

- what if I get oven cleaner in the fan mechanism and it corrodes it and breaks the oven

- what if I get oven cleaner on the floor and then I/my partner get some on our feet and get chemical burns

What I find interesting about these thoughts is that they caused me no real distress and were only fleeting, *but* if my OCD was that way inclined it could have run away with any one of these thoughts and caused me huge distress. It's not the thoughts that are the issue - it's our reaction.

Mine were from a non ocd perspective caramoole but one also has to remember all humans have them, its those with ocd that causes that part of the brain to fire out the intense fears =reaction =compulsion

Edited by legend
Mine were from a non ocd perspective caramoole

So were mine....I was only jesting.

Like I said in the opening post it's important that all the thoughts we log here are Non-OCD, non-anxiety.....just random, odd ones to show the range of weird thoughts we really all have every hour