no desire to live

Guest Annabel

Aw Bruces! depression nearly always makes people feel guilty and as though they've let their friends and family down, you really haven't.

What did you do today? x

I have just come upon this thread and I think now is the time to intervene. First of all navalshukla we should not be discussing ways in which we wish to leave this life, it is neither helpful, or healthy, so lets just leave that in the hands of mistress fate shall we, and hope it is many, many years from now. This forum and indeed charity is all about promotion towards recovery and a healthy life, even if that does take time to achieve.

Bruces, I do understand you are struggling right now, and having a place to vent and share your feelings can sometimes be cathartic, but I really don't think posting your desire to die on a daily basis will help you, in fact I suspect it will do the opposite, it will continue to allow such thoughts and feelings be at the forefront of your mind. I have not gone through the thread, but Bruces, are you under any mental health team, or speaking to your GP? I really urgently think you need to be discussing your feelings with a trained health professional?

No need to be sorry Bruces, what is really important is that you are getting access to someone trained who can help you through these low feelings. When do you next see your GP or mental health professional?

ive kinda given up on treatments i was diagnosed at 18 and if anything was going to work it wouldnt still be the same nearly 20 years later,i have felt better than this at times but i dont live i just exist,ive never taken any enjoyment out of life since i was a child.

Hi Bruces,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is your situation with medication? Are you on anything now, & have you been on anything over the past 20 years for OCD, anxiety, & depression?

Edited by felix4