Pocd feeling extremly anxous leaving my home (Merged Threads)

Guest David green

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest David green
50 minutes ago, Unsurechap said:

good for you david that you got out in spite of your fears. one step at a time you will find that you can cope and that nothing bad is likely to happen.....

Thanks Its knocked me down a bit it always does im trying to go with that feal the fear do it anyway.

Agree with the above. You did something that was very uncomfortable so big high five from me. Remember David we are all on your side. Cheers, Phil.

Guest David green
26 minutes ago, OceanDweller said:

This is the best post I've ever read of yours David. Kudos to you pal.

13 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Agree with the above. You did something that was very uncomfortable so big high five from me. Remember David we are all on your side. Cheers, Phil.

Cheers its just knocked my confidence now

David you've done something great - seriously. It might feel like it has knocked your confidence but I and other forum users have the ultimate respect for what you achieved. Phil

Guest David green
28 minutes ago, Wonderer said:

Well done David! If anything ur confidence should be up, u did it!!! U did something u didn't think u could do! Felt the fear and did it anyway, now keep it up! X

My confidence was better before i did it i think it was my reaction as soon as i see the kids i panicked i was on edge bit shaky before i got to the shop and there was kids scatered all over the place.When i rode back there was girls in the middle of the rode i thought they noticed me then i was very shaky coming back.Ive done it a few times before and been better.

I've had phone cbt therapy, not great at all but might start you off. Got via NHS. Maudsley is so much better, could your Mum / someone take you there and back? Not ideal but it would be progress. 

Guest David green

Ive noticed women with pushchairs is hard for me to cope with i get a strange uncomfortable feeling.If im going down the street i could spot them a mile off it is a hard one to cope with.I also noticed this when i first started getting unwell.

Edited by David green

I have merged your latest post with your previous topics David, because effectively it is the same theme, the same subject and the answers will remain the same I am afraid to say.

What you experienced with the pushchairs is the same thing that happens with most people with OCD, if they have a fear of HIV they will see a red substance, if they have a fear of contamination they will see a condom or dog mess everywhere they walk, etc, etc.   Because our brain is alert to the things we fear, it's scanning for them every time we step out. 

Ultimately my advice is has others have posted, you need to make that difficult anxiety provoking walk to the GP surgery to request access to the CBT and attend appointments,  don't wait for them to come to you. 

Guest David green
28 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I have merged your latest post with your previous topics David, because effectively it is the same theme, the same subject and the answers will remain the same I am afraid to say.

What you experienced with the pushchairs is the same thing that happens with most people with OCD, if they have a fear of HIV they will see a red substance, if they have a fear of contamination they will see a condom or dog mess everywhere they walk, etc, etc.   Because our brain is alert to the things we fear, it's scanning for them every time we step out. 

Ultimately my advice is has others have posted, you need to make that difficult anxiety provoking walk to the GP surgery to request access to the CBT and attend appointments,  don't wait for them to come to you. 

Thanks im just not ready yet to walk down the road ashley i just couldnt do it im also waiting for the new antidepressant to work which is gonna take a long time.

I get where you are coming from David - but a kind of comparison: I have to go to the dentist again in an hour. Do I want to go? No but do I want a mouth of ruined teeth?

What I mean is sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do to get better. I hope the anti-depressant helps you but what if it doesn't buddy? Best wishes, Phil.

Guest David green
4 minutes ago, PhilM said:

I get where you are coming from David - but a kind of comparison: I have to go to the dentist again in an hour. Do I want to go? No but do I want a mouth of ruined teeth?

What I mean is sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do to get better. I hope the anti-depressant helps you but what if it doesn't buddy? Best wishes, Phil.

Ive been agoraphobic for years i just cant walk down the road my teeth are ruined because of me not being able to go dentist.Im hoping the antidepressant will help me because the one im taking isnt.If it was that easy i would be down the dr's.

Cheers

Hey I'm on your side. I know it's not easy - of course I do. Even if you walk 100 yards or 50 yards from your house that's a "little" start though right?

Guest David green
1 minute ago, PhilM said:

Hey I'm on your side. I know it's not easy - of course I do. Even if you walk 100 yards or 50 yards from your house that's a "little" start though right?

Please im just not ready at the moment im just waiting on the antidepressant then my cpn said there would refer me to cbt.It all seems impossible at the moment and very scary phil.

That's fine David. It was just a suggestion. Whatever you feel is right for you and you know I'm on your side and wish you all the best.

Now please wish me all the best at the dentist! :biggrin:

Guest David green
1 minute ago, PhilM said:

That's fine David. It was just a suggestion. Whatever you feel is right for you and you know I'm on your side and wish you all the best.

Now please wish me all the best at the dentist! :biggrin:

All the best then without the drills

Guest David green
2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Was all nerves and anxous all of a sudden because i know i cant just walk down to the dr's i cant even wait in the surgery.And my cpn is going to reduce my old anti depressant so that added to it.I had to take a phenergan pill to help calm me down i seem to be full of anxiety all the time.

Guest David green

Leaving my mothers tomorrow seems so dificult it always worries me.It takes longer to get back it will b early and im worst in the mornings.

From what I've read David, in my opinion, I don't think you are Agoraphobic in the true sense. Agoraphobia is the fear of going outside whereas you don't fear going out as such, just coming into contact with children. You need CBT/ERP to treat your OCD not for Agoraphobia. You manage to go short distances to the shops, you go to stay at your mum's at the weekends so you do face your fears. What is so different this morning? Can you not go that extra step to your GP? Waiting to see if your Meds work, is just wasting time, time you could be on a waiting list for CBT/ERP.