How would a non OCD sufferer see this

Hello..I was driving my car today. I really feel and am convinced I hit someone on the road. It is not that I am ruminating but on my way back home I began wondering that guilt is so real, that I am now thinking how would a non OCD sufferer see this any differently? The guilt would exist still?

Unless I report myself to police, I will continue to feel the guilt? Same as non OCD sufferer?

I imagine there is a reason you are posting this to an ocd forum rather than a "help I've committed a crime" forum. and I'm guessing that reason is doubt.

You have doubt as to whether you hit someone yes? 

You don't know for sure? 

If so then that's how you're different to a non ocd sufferer. They don't go around feeling guilty about things they don't know if they've done. If they did they would end up with a never ending list of things (much like you are doing). 

2 minutes ago, paradoxer said:

Better take yourself to the police station right now, make an idiot of yourself and waste police time ... or let it go, and move on (at any rate, till the next questiion you might be inclined to ask on the forum).  

I'm struggling..

Imagine this scenario - if I go to the police station, I tell them I hit someone on the road. They ask where what how..I give them the location and the description going in my head.

I am not sure what happens next..

Look, I had the same problem when i was driving, I would be so adamant I'd hit someone in my car and driven on.

Until I stopped thinking about it and got on with the day. It doesnt bother me any more

well if you're 100% certain then this is not an OCD problem. I would speak to the police.

If you're 100% sure then right now, for definite, there is an injured pedestrian out there. 

I am guessing though that really you are not 100% certain.  if someone bet you a million pounds that you hadn't hit someone i bet you wouldn't take that bet, not with a million pounds at stake.  because you have some doubt. 

I am also guessing that you are posting on an OCD forum because on some level you know you are not completely sure you hit someone in your car, you are just anxious that you might have hit someone in your car.

but if I'm wrong and you really are 100% sure then you need to speak to the police.

are you willing to concede you might have a tiny, tiny sliver of doubt? 

Hmmm..I am just flustered and anxious.. because I don't have evidence..that puts me in a spot of incredibility I reckon..

The last time I spoke to my husband about this he said he would be honest and say I have a mental illness..And hence I am not confessing this anxiety to him now as that would be labeled as compulsion in OCD books..

But my anxiety is real..and the reason to not go to police lack of proof on my end.