Sign in to follow this  
snowbear

Put on a smile!

On either side of me my neighbours, due to their great age and various medical conditions, are in a full lockdown situation. They are both widowed and live on their own. 

But their spirits are high. We had a long telephone conversation with our semi-detached neighbour yesterday, and she was doing fine - used to being confined to home anyway as she is wheelchair-bound. 

On the other side, separated by a wide passageway and fence, our other immediate neighbour smiles at us and waves frantically when we see her in her kitchen. 

They both make it their business to be happy. 

What an example this is. 

Let's all make it our business to be happy. Think happy thoughts. Find happy things to do. Acquire a happiness psychology, a happy bias to our thinking. 

It's only one degree centigrade outside. 

Who would be wanting to go out anyway in that? 😂

3 minutes ago, taurean said:

It's only one degree centigrade outside. 

Who would be wanting to go out anyway in that? 😂

i am gearing up to go for a run but not looking forward to it!!! 😐  😐  😐 

28 minutes ago, taurean said:

On either side of me my neighbours, due to their great age and various medical conditions, are in a full lockdown situation. They are both widowed and live on their own. 

But their spirits are high. We had a long telephone conversation with our semi-detached neighbour yesterday, and she was doing fine - used to being confined to home anyway as she is wheelchair-bound. 

On the other side, separated by a wide passageway and fence, our other immediate neighbour smiles at us and waves frantically when we see her in her kitchen. 

They both make it their business to be happy. 

What an example this is. 

Let's all make it our business to be happy. Think happy thoughts. Find happy things to do. Acquire a happiness psychology, a happy bias to our thinking. 

this is lovely :) x

There will be another meeting of our personal "Cobra" emergency committee today over breakfast. 

Persons present - Julie and Roy, and two soft toys representing the soft toy collection and the garden birds 😁

One item on the agenda - substitute podiatry for Roy's neanderthal, difficult to reach feet - can be removed; by using a mini kitchen stool I was able to do the work myself 😊

Edited by taurean

What do you remember as the maximum number of jumps you made with a stone when skimming it across a lake? 

I don't reckon I made more than 8.

Some folksingers are performing a re-working of an old tradional song outside supermarkets. It's called :

"Where has all the hand-sanitiser gone?" 😂

Lots of reasons to smile this morning :) got my cup of coffee, it's nice and snuggly in bed, enjoying a good book, got a jigsaw on the go. Looking forward to going out for a run this morning and clearing out the cobwebs. 

Jigsaws are good, plus I have a colouring book and Julie likes sewing. 

Reasons to be cheerful aplenty, and got some paperwork to do in the office upstairs :)