Does 2 + 2 Equal 5?

It doesn't, does it?  But OCD might have you believe so. 

Because when it is peddling its lies, falsehoods, and exaggerations, it is just like trying to prove 2+ 2 does equal 5.

But remember, it has no evidence - it sounds terribly convincing, ( after all it is using the normal channels of communication in our brain)  but it deals in fabrications and falsehoods. 

We don't have to believe them - sadly, we get fooled - because it seems real - and choose to believe them 

So next time it is trying to force an OCD intrusion meaning on you just remember - 2 + 2 never has, and never will, equal five :)

9 minutes ago, taurean said:

So next time it is trying to force an OCD intrusion meaning on you just remember - 2 + 2 never has, and never will, equal five :)

Best advice ever!!

Could do with printing this out and putting it on my wall where I can see it every time one of these thoughts creep in! 

1 hour ago, Irregular86 said:

Best advice ever!!

Could do with printing this out and putting it on my wall where I can see it every time one of these thoughts creep in! 

If you simply highlight the phrase by left click then drag mouse across the phrase, then right click wkithin the blue highlight then right click then select print , you CAN print it. :thumbup:   

Thanks for the feedback, glad I can help

Roy

3 minutes ago, taurean said:

Sometimes things just come to us out of the blue - and I think snowbear says she sometimes does her best thinking while sleeping ? 

I am so glad people find this idea helpful :)

You know, I actually missed you a lot while I was gone. You're like a wise old grandpa, guiding us on the road to recovery, with your calm and supportive personality. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge here.

11 hours ago, ashipinharbor said:

You know, I actually missed you a lot while I was gone. You're like a wise old grandpa, guiding us on the road to recovery, with your calm and supportive personality. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge here.

:Old:   :):)