Sign in to follow this  
PolarBear

Ruminating video

Fantastic PolarBear :goodpost:

I can relate to this totally, I now don't allow myself to ruminate and yet I use to ruminate 24/7 for 40 yrs. 

I agree it takes lots of practice and at first you succeed some times and not others and even at times you don't realise your ruminating till a few minutes into it.  What I learnt was the times I didn't succeed was when I realised that it was a pointless task that caused me so much heartache, pain and suffering. So the times I failed to stop ruminating actually did me good because these were the times when I began to realise that I never found the answers I was looking for. Now if I catch my self ruminating on a thought I just say in my head I'm not going there, I'm not doing this and refocus on what I'm doing. 

So in some ways I think you need to fail whilst trying to do it so you learn to realise and understand why it's a pointless task:yes:

lost 

You are a wonderful, beautiful person. Thank you for this. I feel braver and stronger after watching this and shared this with friends who suffer similar problems.

This is such a fantastic video. I think anyone with OCD needs to watch it. @PolarBear is a legend.