I am looking forward to...

Last night I posted some pics on Twitter of my favourite cycling climb to the lighthouse in Majorca, partly to cheer me up and partly to give myself something to look forward to.  Somebody else commented that her and her sister had been planning all the lovely things we'd do in the future and how it really helped her anxiety.

So what are the top 3-5 things you are looking forward to doing (all must be positive) when this is all over?

1. Cycling in Majorca
  2. Not worrying about touching things in the supermarket
  3. Learning how not to socially distance (something have been guilty of for 20 years)
  4. The other person mentioned going to Cornwall to surf. That's always been on my bucket list to try surfing... with my sense of balance it will be stand/splash in all of 10 seconds :D   So this summer I want to try it.
  5. Some said hugging, well I don't do that anyway, so I will say seeing my colleague Zoe again and pretending not to laugh at her age jokes at my expense.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

with my sense of balance it will be stand/splash in all of 10 seconds :D   So this summer I want to try i

Just thought, Gemma I could come to learn to surf on the Tyne with all those waves you claim to see.  :D :surfing:

I want to go a step up on my fishing and take on some bigger fish, since a combination of losing weight and a gel called Flexisec has significantly improved my arthritis. 

And take Julie to see some of the gorgeous villages, attractions and country houses and estates here in the Midlands. 

Years ago a mate I was sharing a house with and I went on a holiday to Cala D'Or in Majorca. 

It was lovely and we hired some bicycles to get around and about. 

I can understand why you love it so much Ashley ?

This gel Flexisec needs no prescription but is expensive. £19-odd for a large tube. 

However I only need to top up with it occasionally now. 

It only works with osteoarthritis, and - like meds for OCD - it doesn't work for everybody. 

It doesn't contain pain relief - it apparently works by water within it being attracted into the cartilage around the joints, and acting as a lubricant :)

Oooh, splendid!

1) Having a massive cuddle with friends and family

2) Going to Oxford on a long, long holiday; Endeavour's been keeping me safe and sane during this lockdown and I love that city

3) Seeing my best friend

4) Being able to go out for long walks as long as I like

5) Being able to go to the bookshops as I feel calmer when I'm in a bookshop. 

Seeing my friends and family and hugging them (there will probably be tears too I imagine).

Meeting my nephew who is due to be born in July.

Going on a stained glass course which is what I was planning to do this year before all of this.

Walks at my favourite nature reserve (attenborough reserve).

Trips to Scotland.

Meals out.

Seeing my friends and family and giving them a big hug!

Cycling with my club along the coast

Mountain biking with my friends and stopping for a coffee

Going camping in the Lake District

Going for a swim in the sea

Going to the pub (sorry that's 6!!)

Dinner together with friends
Karaoke together with friends
Going to Disneyland and DisneySea together with friends
Basically doing anything together with friends

Us extroverts are bad at social isolation, ?

4 minutes ago, dksea said:

Dinner together with friends
Karaoke together with friends
Going to Disneyland and DisneySea together with friends
Basically doing anything together with friends

Us extroverts are bad at social isolation, ?

I really feel for extroverts at the moment this must be very hard. Do you live alone dksea? 

2 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

I really feel for extroverts at the moment this must be very hard. Do you live alone dksea? 

Yes, I do, which right now is probably best in terms of physical health since I don't have to worry about transmission that way.  
And I actually don't mind living alone, its nice to have somewhere to relax and retreat to when I want some alone time.
But I very much miss socializing with people! Online stuff absolutely helps, but its not the same as a good old in person gathering!
Definitely looking forward to those again down the line :D

1. Seeing and hugging my family and friends

2. Celebrating my 30th (which got cancelled - that means I'm still 29 right ?)

3. Going back to the stables I volunteer at 

4. Going back to the office and seeing my colleagues - chatting with them on teams is not the same!

5. Going on holiday to somewhere with a beach

1 hour ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

happy birthday!! :) 

i have been 29 for around 5 years now, think I'll stay here! :D 

haha, i think i might too ! I was so excited about turning 30, had massive plans and all, which I never do, and clearly this was a sign....don't turn 30! lol!

Just now, bookworm30 said:

haha, i think i might too ! I was so excited about turning 30, had massive plans and all, which I never do, and clearly this was a sign....don't turn 30! lol!

oh that's such a shame :( this virus has ruined so many things for people.  You should do your big plans though when it's all over, have something to look forward to :) 

56 minutes ago, bookworm30 said:

I had three does for my 30th, I thought that showed a bit of style ?