Achievements Thread - Pat on The Back

11 hours ago, BelAnna said:

went to the wedding of one of my brothers today. I had a silent panic attack (heart racing, faintness, my leg was shaking constantly) due to both social anxiety and having to leave my lovely dog for a bit. I also had a major contamination OCD .....

I saw your earlier posts when you were seriously considering not going at all because of your OCD.

Despite this, you went, you got through it, focus on this, not the parts where OCD took hold. Well done!👏👏

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Bev53 said:

I saw your earlier posts when you were seriously considering not going at all because of your OCD.

Despite this, you went, you got through it, focus on this, not the parts where OCD took hold. Well done!👏👏

Thank you so much Bev53! I'm really glad I was there for the ceremony (I didn't make it to the (casual, restaurant) meal afterwards but at least I saw them get married). I feel so exhausted from it today (we were looking after my toddler niece and 4 year old nephew though so that might explain part of it!!). 

15 minutes ago, Summer9173 said:

I just passed my work probation!! Never in 10000 years did I think I’d ever be 5 months into a new job with my OCD and depression 💖

It's the power of therapy plus support from those who understand. 

17 hours ago, Summer9173 said:

I just passed my work probation!!

Congratulations!

Remember how only a few weeks ago you convinced yourself they mustn't want you/ they'd get rid of you as soon as they could etc etc etc?

Next time you're in a situation where you feel uncertain remind youself how unnecessary all that worry, obsessing and angst was. Try to stop the catastrophic thinking before it starts. :)

On 07/10/2022 at 11:10, snowbear said:

Congratulations!

Remember how only a few weeks ago you convinced yourself they mustn't want you/ they'd get rid of you as soon as they could etc etc etc?

Next time you're in a situation where you feel uncertain remind youself how unnecessary all that worry, obsessing and angst was. Try to stop the catastrophic thinking before it starts. :)

Thank you @snowbeari agree, he passed my probation early because I proved him wrong and I managed the HR department on my own last week, it shows how much you can do when you think you could never push yourself :)

I haven't thought I've got any better for a while.  I've been working through things each day...some days good, some days, not so good.  But, today, when I washed my hands, I noticed that a bottle of soap has lasted almost a week (with lots left), instead of being on my 3rd bottle.  So, slowly but surely, I am getting there...

I felt pretty rough yesterday, but I have to keep going and detach from my intrusive  thoughts which have all gone through the CBT Inc ERP process and I am working on seeing them as not a threat.

So feeling somewhat stressed, but Julie encouraged me to go to the pub as I would normally one or two afternoons a week.

So I dragged myself down there and spent a couple of hours with friends.

Pretty shattered mentally and physically later on, but hey, got down there.

My homework this week is this process of seeing intrusions for OCD at work, then detaching and refocusing.

12 hours ago, Busy Fool said:

I haven't thought I've got any better for a while.  I've been working through things each day...some days good, some days, not so good.  But, today, when I washed my hands, I noticed that a bottle of soap has lasted almost a week (with lots left), instead of being on my 3rd bottle.  So, slowly but surely, I am getting there...

That’s amazing! 

2 hours ago, taurean said:

I felt pretty rough yesterday, but I have to keep going and detach from my intrusive  thoughts which have all gone through the CBT Inc ERP process and I am working on seeing them as not a threat.

So feeling somewhat stressed, but Julie encouraged me to go to the pub as I would normally one or two afternoons a week.

My homework this week is this process of seeing intrusions for OCD at work, then detaching and refocusing.

Hope you feel better soon Taurean. That’s good that you went to the pub and saw friends 😊

I managed to get through several forms and meetings which had completely floored me recently and set the checking into motion again.

I’ve had the meeting and it went so well. All of those catastrophes and hypotheticals did not happen and I’m now working on not letting OCD pull it all apart and find other potential ‘catastrophes’.

I did it all though and it’s been rough and I’m exhausted but it’s been a reminder that I can deal with hard things

1 hour ago, determination987 said:

I managed to get through several forms and meetings which had completely floored me recently and set the checking into motion again.

I’ve had the meeting and it went so well. All of those catastrophes and hypotheticals did not happen and I’m now working on not letting OCD pull it all apart and find other potential ‘catastrophes’.

I did it all though and it’s been rough and I’m exhausted but it’s been a reminder that I can deal with hard things

Well done!  You should be proud.  Remember that feeling to keep going :) 

4 hours ago, taurean said:

Well done for getting yourself out.  Good luck with your homework, you can do it!

• 3 weeks later...

Procrastination - isn't it a nuisance.  I have been putting off one task for about 2 weeks due to an outbreak of 'what ifs'.  At that time I aborted an internet order I was doing because my checking routine got the better of me.

I decided that I would try again tonight so I entered all the details and did a routine check of the details and hit the submit order button.  My plan was to carry on with my evening activity of tracking the football and got Radio X playing.  I'm OK with the order - no worries.

So the latest score is Recovery Progress 1-0 Procrastination.  And an email has come to say my shiny new heater will be here tomorrow!

On 02/11/2022 at 20:47, northpaul said:

Procrastination - isn't it a nuisance.  I have been putting off one task for about 2 weeks due to an outbreak of 'what ifs'.  At that time I aborted an internet order I was doing because my checking routine got the better of me.

I decided that I would try again tonight so I entered all the details and did a routine check of the details and hit the submit order button.  My plan was to carry on with my evening activity of tracking the football and got Radio X playing.  I'm OK with the order - no worries.

So the latest score is Recovery Progress 1-0 Procrastination.  And an email has come to say my shiny new heater will be here tomorrow!

That's so good :)