Bookworm, I totally understand how you're feeling, but there is only so much you can do; don't forget, so much of this virus is beyond you. I can only imagine that you feel claustrophobic. Do you live with anyone? You can always inbox me if you would like someone to talk to. I also know what you mean about not being able to concentrate or function; I'm doing a futurelearn course and I'm already having trouble concentrating. Lots of love. ❤️

17 hours ago, taurean said:

17 hours ago, taurean said:

I can't got rid of these two quote boxes from when I tried to quote yesterday so apologies everyone.

What I wanted to say had helped me bookworm is A, going back on meds 

And B , every time a thought pops into my head of when I could have contaminated some one I quickly say "count back from 311 in 27s "or some such puzzle which distracts me significantly enough to not engage with or analyse thought. Its not easy but I feel less shakey and calmer .

hi Cub. This is true.

I live with my partner. We have a small one bedroom flat and no outside space. I also have asthma, so I think i should be extra careful even though the guidelines are confusing, as I'm not in the shielding group, but my ocd is in control anyway and i can't go outside.

My work load has reduced, and I've actually got time to catch up on my professional development - really, I should not complain. I'm one of the lucky ones, I have a job still, and a job that I can do at home.

what are you studying on futurelearn?

Hi bookworm30. I am living in the English epicentre too. I live in a small block of flats with a very busy paramedic living in the top floor flat. Public transport use is down 94 per cent from 8 days ago, so lots of us in the same boat. I think having a timetable and sticking to it is important. Good luck on your professional development!

Edited by Angst

God love that poor paramedic, Angst!

I've been dealing with anxiety a lot since coming home. Today, however, it kicked off afresh when I was talking to my dad in the kitchen and found the sudden need to cough. I used my elbow and washed my hands and wiped down the side I was leaning against, but I've now relegated myself back to my bedroom away from him. :( I've heard of so many losses of parents in this thing and my dad is my only parent. I love him so much and I'm so scared. 

C x

This post is really helpful. Thanks. Something I’m struggling with is cleaning things that aren’t my hands. So the government advice is the wash your hands for 20 seconds. But what about other things like whether I should disinfect my groceries? I’ve asked my family and they said yes but I get my ocd from them. My husband doesn’t think that’s necessary. The media (both traditional and social) tell me it is but that feels like ocd to me. It will also cause a lot of arguments with my husband 

Hi jennielouises,

The government advice is confusing, but your husband is right. Unless you or a family member has a compromised immune system (for example someone who has had a kidney transplant, is undergoing chemotherapy, or is on high dose oral steroids for severe asthma etc) there is no need to be wiping down groceries. The only exception is to rinse loose fruit and veg under the tap, something a lot of people do normally to remove pesticides. Boxes/tins/ sealed packets don't need to be routinely disinfected.